The Network Engineer is responsible for executing technical configurations on designated infrastructure equipment. This position will work on the Network Team focusing on Network and Datacenter technologies, under the direct control of the IT Network Manager in Tulsa. The candidate will be expected to interact with customers, peers, and management via phone, IM, video, and email to ensure customer issues are resolved per contracted SLAs.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the configuration, implementation, and maintenance of network technologies that directly support Virtualization and Datacenter network technologies including Nexus 5k, 7k, 9k, and SAN architectures.
- Focus on the administration of the CISCO iOS, CISCO Nexus, and similar platforms.
- Assess and identify appropriate solutions to be integrated into the systems operation and make recommendations for implementation.
- Oversee day-to-day operation of various network solutions including hardware/software support, training, and special projects.
- Plan, design, and implement data connectivity in networks.
- Provide network and remote connectivity hardware/software support; maintain documentation including hardware/software applications, support logs, and other related information.
- Assist in installing, configuring, and maintaining network hardware and software; analyze and troubleshoot the logs and track the nature and resolution of problems; monitor usage to ensure security of data and access privileges.
- Establish and maintain user accounts, profiles, file sharing, access privileges, and security; perform weekly configuration backups; research, analyze, monitor, troubleshoot, and resolve data network problems; develop, maintain and implement networksupport and archiving procedures.
- Maintain excellent communication with the IT Director and Team Leads on all tasks and projects.
- Communicate with customers, peers, team, and managers regarding incident and change management.
- Create and maintain good technical documentation.
- Provide emergency on-callsupport on a rotating schedule.
- Regular attendance at the worksite is required.
Position Qualifications: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- In-depth understanding of communication protocols (mainly TCP/IP) and routing protocols (e.g., BGP, EIGRP).
- Solid understanding of network operating systems (e.g., NXOS, Cisco IOS) is required.
- Project management skills are an asset.
- Strong understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Ability to conduct research into network issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to maintain stability under pressure and be flexible and willing to modify plans and behavior when necessary.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends and/or holidays.
- Ability to be a positive representative of the Company both internally and externally.
- Ability to work with respect and cooperation at all times with fellow employees and customers.
- Must be committed to working safely at all times.
- Must be dependable with a stable work history.
- University degree in the field of computer science or management information systems or a related discipline.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience maintaining, utilizing, and troubleshooting Cisco IOS and IOS_XE Platforms is required.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience maintaining, utilizing, and troubleshooting Cisco NX-OS Platforms is required.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience maintaining, utilizing, and troubleshooting Cisco ASA Platforms is required.
- CCNA, CCNP is required.
- Hands-on experienceworking with routing protocols to include EIGRP, BGP, MPLS, VoIP, QoS, L2 switching, etc. is required.
- Background in network administration and architecture is required.
- Experience with network diagnostic, monitoring, and analysis tools (e.g., SolarWinds network tools).
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.