Let?s Work Together
This position is based in Albany, NY
Life at nfrastructure
At nfrastructure, we understand that our success results from our diverse workforce. At nfrastructure, you will find challenging projects and smart people with the potential to wow our customers. nfrastructure team members relish the freedom and support they receive to help our customers solve their most challenging problems and create the next generation of integrated technology solutions in an environment designed to foster collaboration, creativity, excitement and success. We are a high-growth, consistently profitable organization with world-class talent and some of the world?s most admired brands as customers. nfrastructure is currently on the CRN Fast Growth 150 List, Inc?s Build 100 List of Sustained-Growth Companies and 500|5000 list, and is recognized as both a Times Union Top Workplace and a Best Company to Work for in New York State.
The role: Network Engineer
As the Network Engineer you?ll be working as part of the Implementation Team, a rapidly evolving environment which necessitates constant changes to Network configurations. With your expertise you?ll be responsible for changes which may include tunneling technology, firewall policies, circuit provisioning, and dynamic routing.
- Completion of firewall requests, this will include policy and routing changes.
- Load Balance changes to include both policy and route changes.
- Switch configuration, installation and support.
- Tunnel Builds
- Coordination with customer agencies for change and project coordination.
- This position will be responsible for off hours support.
- Bachelor?s degree and 5years of experience or 8years of related experience
- Knowledge of copper cabling standards, including 568A, 568B.
- Knowledge of basic network transport fundamentals, Layer 1troubleshooting, i.e. link lights, identifying crossover cables, etc.
- Knowledge of fiber transmission and termination standards, including SM, MM, LX, SX, ZX, ST, SC, MTRJ, PM, etc. as well as attenuator usage.
- Knowledge of basic routing principles, (link-state, distance-vector, least cost-based, etc.)
- Knowledge of switching and spanning-tree troubleshooting
- Knowledge and experience in performing and reviewing L2 sniffer captures.
- Experience with copper cable testers, i.e. Fluke, PentaScanner, etc.
- Experience with label makers, i.e. Brother PT series.
- Experience with sniffer software or appliances (Infinistream, Network General, Ethereal, Wireshark, etc.)
- Solid command of Microsoft Office
- Understanding of standard IP port usage and familiarity with standard TCP/UDP ports, (http?80, https?443, SNMP ?25, etc.)
- Troubleshooting L1-L3 connectivity issues
- Cisco CCNA or equivalent
- Extensive Visio experience
- Network Management Software experience
- Databasesupport or server supportexperience a plus
- CCDA/CCDP certifications
nfrastructure partners with the world?s most admired brands to design, build, and operate infrastructure and applications for digital business. Our insight, execution, and results culture, world-class engineering talent, on-site technical service in every major market, tightly integrated high-availability remote support and our innovative, proprietary ?nterprise? software platform delivers a highly differentiated value proposition for our customers and partners.
More information about nfrastructure can be found at
Apply for this job or another online today at https://nfrastructure.com/careers/latest-jobs.html
nfrastructure is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; women and minorities are encouraged to apply for positions.