Network Engineer will be responsible for providing networking expertise. Candidate will be responsible for designing, implementing, and documenting network changes to a large network management infrastructure consisting primarily of Cisco and Juniper devices, as well as defining rules for traffic to traverse through firewalls on the network. Candidate will work with a team of engineers on projects ranging from basic installations to complex system solutions.
This position requires a strong technical background in the IT networking industry. The candidate should be able to advise and perform on the planning and implementation of projects and initiatives. Responsible for the configuration, design, implementation, and troubleshooting of a large complex DOD out of band management network. Hands-on experience in configuring and supporting routers, switches, and load balancers, is a must. The candidate will also need to have a fundamental understanding of MPLS and associated protocols along with advanced knowledge of Layer 2 and Layer 3 networking protocols. Candidate should be able to advise management and team members of risks associated with technologies and implementation approaches and identify methods of risk mitigation. Conduct problem resolution and identify process improvements. Coordinate with Tier III team members as well as theater Tier II team members. Candidate may be tasked with assisting in clearing networking-related vulnerabilities during periods of high security related vulnerability assessments and/or inspections.
5-7 years of network engineering experience
· Knowledge of a hands-on working experience with switches, routers, and load balancers.
· Thorough knowledge of TCP/IP and related routing protocols such as BGP and OSPF.
· Must be proficient in defining/troubleshooting IP/VPN/Port Mapping and Access Control Lists configurations.
· Knowledge & experience with Juniper JUNOS and Cisco IOS.
· Experience and familiarity with firewall concepts and creation of firewall rules
· Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose advanced network issues including configuration, routing issues and performance concerns
· Ability to learn quickly on the job with minimal supervision
· Excellent analytical, time management, and problem solving skills
· As part of global engineering team, test plan & report documentation management skills are required as are MS Office/Visio/Project/PowerPoint skills.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills, including ability to interact professionally with executives, customers, vendors and department staff.
Requires minimum DoD Secret clearance