This position will support the FBI’s Enterprise Operations Center (EOC), which is tasked with the responsibility of continuously monitoring and maintaining the FBI's Enterprise computer systems. The FBI services approximately 44,000 users. The EOC staff provides enterprise-level Information Technology (IT) operations and maintenance support for all applications, servers, network devices, wireless smartphones, multi-function printers and workspace equipment at all FBI facilities.
NES is looking for someone with a strong foundation in network administration with at least 3 years of professional experience. Candidates for the Network Administrator position will maintain and administer network infrastructure standards, provide continuous pro-active monitoring and management of the health of the unclassified, classified, and WAN Transport enclaves. Network Administrators are responsible for rapid recovery of network outages and conducting fault isolation for each enclave. Network Administrators will be responsible for understanding and ensuring compliance in meeting critical Service Level Agreements (SLA) and Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
Network Administrators must possess knowledge of router and switch technologies, configuration of such devices, as well as experience required to verify operational readiness and availability. Duties include pro-active monitoring and maintenance of routers, switches, TACLANEs, WAN Accelerators, and Load Balancers used to provide the connectivity necessary for enterprise users to access services and systems needed to perform their duties.
The schedule for this position is 11:00 pm - 7:30 am, Sunday - Thursday.
· Troubleshooting network outages
· Understand and use of network management tools (i.e., HP Network Node Manager (NNM), HP Network Automation (NA), NMIS, Riverbed Cascades)
· Troubleshooting testing various WAN circuits (Serial T1, DS3, OC3, OC192, Ethernet TLS)
· Upgrading Cisco Routers and Switch IOS software
· Working with access control list (ACLs)
· Creating and updating tickets and reports related to network problems, issues, and trends
· Must have a current TS clearance and be SCI eligible
· CCNA or equivalent certification a plus
· 3+ years’ experience providing similar support is desired