NES is searching for a Network Engineer who will be responsible for designing, implementing, and documenting network solutions. Candidate will work with a team of engineers on projects ranging from basic installations to complex facility upgrades. Candidate will act as a technical POC for a range of tasks on the project. Majority of work will be carried out for the Department of Defense; therefore, a candidate with a current active clearance would be highly preferred. This position will require travel as the project dictates.
This position requires fundamental technical background in IT networking industry, in particular, aspects like configuration, design, implementation and troubleshooting of large complex DOD enterprise networks. Candidate will be working with a team of engineers to configure, design, document, and deploy an enterprise MPLS backbone to support several million users.
· Conduct coordination with planned sites to provide a program overview, document points of contact and access procedures, identify potential facilities for survey and develop a communication conduit with on-site personnel
· Review survey reports to include floor plans, ducting runs and power location diagrams for completeness and compliance; Provide feedback and coordinate updates with team
· Perform technical reviews of site specific work packages for compliant engineering solutions, detailed instructions to complete the implementation activity, engineering reference documents (floor space diagrams, rack/equipment diagrams, connectivity tables, etc…), comprehensive list of installation-specific Bill of Materials (BOM), instructions for required testing, and any other pertinent information
· Identify implementation risks and coordinate development of solutions to mitigate impact; Document and track impacting issues through to resolution
· Communicate site specific installation requirements and site preparation actions needed to support the engineering design for inclusion in Site Concurrence Memorandums
· Monitor implementation milestones; Update scheduling and reporting documents
· Verify all installation-specific equipment and materials are identified, provide guidance on material specifications, track material procurement, validate shipments meet requirements prior to deployment and coordinate resolution of on-site shortages
· Provide guidance, technical support and problem resolution for site implementation teams installing and configuring network systems, network devices, wiring, grounding, and supporting hardware such as communications racks, patch panels, and network cable conduit/raceway(s)
· Review Completion Reports to include updated (redlined) floor layout diagrams, rack elevation diagrams, inventories, and test results recording the “as-installed” site environment; Provide feedback and guidance to ensure accuracy and completeness
· Conduct final quality reviews, package all documents and deliver to program customers
· Support development of standardized documents, templates and processes
· Communicate with project and program managers, field engineers, site personnel, government customers, and contractors on related contracts
· Hands-on working experience with Switches, Routers, Firewalls, Load balancer etc.
· Fundamental knowledge of TCP/IP and related routing protocols such as BGP, OSPF/ISIS etc.
· Fundamental knowledge of MPLS protocols and services (L3VPN and L2VPN, 6PE/6VPE, etc.)
· Knowledge of different circuit types and carrier technologies (Ethernet – 100G, 40G, 10G, E1/T1, OCx, ATM, SONET, DWDM etc.)
· Working knowledge of Visio & MS PowerPoint to update and maintain network design and cabling documentation.
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures, documents or governmental regulations.
· Must have a CCNA but prefer CCNP
· Experience interpreting detailed installation instructions and supporting documentation to facilitate network equipment implementation
· Proven capability to interpret and evaluate engineering plans, site install technical design packages and supporting documentation to facilitate network equipment implementation
· Working knowledge of network devices such as routers and switches; Understanding of the necessary requirements to install and support networkinfrastructure equipment
· Expertise in confirming compliance in accordance with commercial best practices/standards and customer provided standards
· Capacity to track, guide and mentor multiple teams simultaneously
· Strict attention to detail; Adherence to rigid guidelines and processes; Ability to validate, update and maintain accurate records
· Excellent ability for clear and concise oral and written communication; capability to interface at multiple levels and successfully present technical information
· Highly proficient in Microsoft Office and SharePoint use; proficient with Microsoft Visio
· Ability to work in a virtual team environment as well as independently
· Preferredexperience in a DoD Information Technology environment; DISA experience a plus
· Current DOD Secret clearance
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in the industry