mindSHIFT is one of the largest IT outsourcing and cloud services providers, serving small and mid-size businesses for more than 15 years. While our size gives you comfort that we'll be here for the long haul, we also know that you demand and deserve great service and responsive support. That's why, with mindSHIFT, you'll get everything you need from an IT outsourcing and cloud services provider at the right price. At mindSHIFT, we're about keeping you up and running, resolving problems quickly, providing personal attention and providing you with reliable IT support when you need it.
At mindSHIFT, we recognize that the best technologies are useless without the best people to effectively manage them. That's why one of our core ideologies is to hire only the most talented people in the business.
While we have diverse backgrounds and work experience, all of us share a common mindset: a passion for exceeding customer expectations, an intense commitment to customer support, and a strong work ethic.
Summary of responsibilities
As a Network Engineer on the Core Operation Network Engineering team, responsibilities include design, engineering, provisioning and optimization of current and emerging network operations to support mindSHIFT core Infrastructure connecting multiple datacenters. This role requires expertise in network architecture and knowledge of business applications. The successful candidate will be able to understand and drive solid requirements and then use those to design, procure, deploy, configure, test, and activate networks. Excellent cross-team collaboration, technical skills, and clear communications are required.
List of responsibilities
- Independently manage and lead technical projects starting with requirements gathering through design and implementation.
- Identify, review, and recommend potential opportunities to improvement service quality and operational efficiency.
- Work closely with internal operations groups to ensure effective communication, collaboration, and stakeholder involvement.
- Review, consult and prepare for planned changes to the production environment.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Document solutions, Provide formal training, and mentor operations personnel
- Provide 3rd level support to Network Operations teams for project delivery and problem escalations.
- Complete work off hours and on weekends to accomplish infrastructure changes that cannot be performed during normal business hours.
- Design and deploy networks based on business and technical requirements.
- Contribute towards the advancement of the overall network architecture.
- Advanced Cisco networking experience with all levels of Catalyst, Nexus, and ASR equipment
- Advanced level experience designing, deploying, and maintaining highly resilient and scalable distributed LAN and WAN network architecture.
- Experience in a service provider environment is a plus.
- A solid understanding of, and have experience with, most of the following network technologies: 802.1q, HSRP, OSPF, BGP, NAT, ACLs, IPSEC, and SNMP. Knowledge of MPLS, LDP, and VRFs strongly desired.
- Deep, hands-on experience with TCP/IP and routing protocols (BGP and OSPF).
- 4-5 years Network Engineering experience; Must have experience designing and deploying solutions for large enterprise customers
- Experience with networking technologies, including Cisco Nexus 7K/5K/2K, 6500, ASA, F5 load balancer, F5 VPN, Palo Alto NGFW, L2 & L3 QoS
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline preferred, or 4-5 years of equivalent work experience in network routing, switching or security required.
- Professional certification; such as CCIE, CCNP or relevant industry certification (with focus on network routing, switching or security) strongly preferred.