The Network Engineer will support DoD classified and unclassified networks and be responsible for the configuration of networking, switching, routing, and VoIP solutions. On occasion, this position may be required to work day/mid/night shifts to ensure 24/7 support of the Network Support Center (NSC) for the Regional Hub Node (RHN).
- Provide 24/7 IP/MPLS network engineering support for the design, configuration, implementation, operational management, and troubleshooting of the Global Agile Integrated Network (GAIT) Network
- Apply knowledge of and proficiency in key Service Provider technologies and protocols such as VPLS, Layer 2 VPN, Layer 3 VPN, MP-BGP, EIGRP, OSPFv2/v3, MPLS/LDP, Inter-AS option A/B, IPSec, CSC, Internet Overlay VPNs, Remote Access VPNs with PKI, redistribution and Service Provider Quality of Service (QoS)
- Maintain Cisco ISE, Ansible playbooks, Microsoft PKI certificates for remote access VPNs and the VMware ESX infrastructure in support of various O&M networking tools
- Maintain network diagrams, baseline configs, mission packages and other engineering documentation as directed by the GAIT NSC management
- Maintain compliance of network device software versions and configuration in accordance with DISA STIG policy
- Report directly to the GAIT NSC management for all tasks and duties
- Work closely with functional team lead to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions to enable business objectives
- Assist with mission creation, management, submission, and closure
- Work closely with key team members to define critical information needs, providing guidance regarding availability of data, capability of systems to deliver information needs, and subject matter expertise regarding current systems and emerging technology
Education + Experience:
- Possess a bachelor's degree in a related field of study.
- A minimum of three (3) plus years' experience with Enterprise level routing
- At least one (1) plus years' experience with Service Provider level routing
- Knowledge of and proficiency in key Service Provider technologies and protocols such as VPLS, Layer 2 VPN, Layer 3 VPN, MP-BGP, EIGRP, OSPFv2/v3, MPLS/LDP, Inter-AS option A/B, IPSec, CSC, Internet Overlay VPNs, Remote Access VPNs with PKI, redistribution and Service Provider Quality of Service (QoS)
- Strong interpersonal skills to deal with personnel situations as well as excellent management skills to successfully perform the planning, directing, reporting, and administrative responsibilities involved
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- DoD Secret clearance (Interim acceptable).
- Current and Active DoD 8570.01-m IAT Level II Certification.