The network at LyondellBasell is the foundation of all other services that IT provides and is critical to the success of our business. The Network Engineer position is part of our Global Network Operations team that envisions, implements and supports our data, voice and video networkinfrastructure.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Install, configure and maintain Local Area Network and Wide Area Network (LAN/WAN) and wireless infrastructure in a multi-vendor environment, including but not limited to: Cisco routers, switches, access points, wireless controllers; Riverbed Steelhead WAN Optimizers, and F5 LTM load balancers
- Work with off-shore 1st level support team to provide 2nd\3rd level support as required
- Participate in rotational on-call structure to provide after hours and weekend support
- Stay up-to-date on current technologies, serve as technology consultant, and make recommendations based on knowledge and research.
- Work on unusually complex problems and provides solutions which are highly innovative.
- Implement network solutions based on analysis of technical and capacity requirements.
- Perform capacity management, planning and reporting related to networkinfrastructure and bandwidth.
- Provide support for Network Infrastructure including the physical cable infrastructure in our offices and manufacturing plants
- Perform complex implementation tasks.
- B.A. / B.S. degree in Business, Computer Science, Information Technology, or Engineering preferred with a minimum of 3+ years relevant experience
- Network certification (CCNA) or equivalent experience
- F5 certification (CA) or equivalent experience
- Multi-Site WAN Infrastructures with complex routing and failover
- Critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Data network design focusing on redundancy and resiliency
- Multi-datacenter network design experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technologies or related field, or an equivalent combination of experience, education, and training
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work in a global, multi-site environment.
- Strong knowledge and experience in Cisco Platforms, TCP/IP, MPLS, Routing, Switching, Wireless/controllers, Firewall, VPN, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, QOS
- Experience with application and performance monitoring
- Experience with WAN Optimization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Interpersonal skills to interact with customers and team members
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a complex environment