Job Description :
At Lockheed Martin Space Systems Company (SSC), we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training, and education. Come and experience your future!
SSC seeks an experienced Network Engineer for its Sunnyvale, CA location who will be responsible for Echelon 2 (E2) sustainment of a network centric signal distribution system.
The operational system to support utilizes core vendor technologies from: Cisco (e.g. CRS-1 Carrier class router), Arista, Juniper and VMWare. Along with sustainment, network design and implementation experience in the next generation recap of the system architecture utilizing leading edge NW architecture and process approaches (Network Virtualization, Software centric, VXLAN, AWS Cloud, Devops) is highly desired.
The selected candidate will be flexible from tasks such as troubleshooting Operations issues, configuring VXLAN on routers, Unix System administration, configuration management to supporting design tasks and documentation.
• Bachelors degree with a minimum of 2-5 years of network engineering experience required. In lieu of a degree, candidates who have a minimum of 10-13 years of equivalent experience/combined education will also be considered.
• Must be a United States citizen
• Must have an active TS/SCI clearance
• Hands on Cisco, Arista, and/or Juniper (or similar vendor experience) routers/switches/firewall configuration experience
• Experience with TCP/IP, WAN/LAN, QoS, VTP/VLANs, NW Security (IPSec Tunnels), routing protocols (OSPF, BGP, etc.)
• Experience with troubleshooting network anomalies and failures
• Virtualization experience
• Experience in Network Design
• Network diagram and documentation experience
• Unix System administration experience
• System installation and integration experience
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Team player with strong interpersonal, communications and writing skills
• AWS Cloud Implementation
• Network Virtualization, VXLAN
• DevOps process/tools/technologies (e.g. Containers/Docker, Ansible, etc.)
• Network/System Monitoring tools (e.g. Nagios, Splunk, etc.)
• Network Certifications (Cisco, Juniper, VMWare etc.)
• Security+ Certification