Linode's mission is to accelerate innovation by making cloud computing simple, affordable and accessible to all. At our core is a next generation global network with twelve majors points of presence from Mumbai, Tokyo, Singapore, Frankfurt, London, Toronto, NYC, Dallas, Atlanta, and the San Francisco Bay area, with continued global expansion in the near future.
As a Network Engineer at Linode, you have the unique opportunity to work on a state-of-the-art network with a team of dedicated network engineers to ensure our customers stay connected and our network is, secure, stable, reliable and extensible for new features. You will also have the opportunity to work with other systems and engineering teams to develop products and push automation.
If you are looking to join a Network Engineering team that stays up with the most advanced and bleeding-edge technology and desire to continually offer more to our customers, Linode offers you the freedom to innovate and help shape the next generation of network infrastructure that goes into scalable data centers as well as decentralized edge locations.
To be a successful team member, we expect applicants to have knowledge of some of the following technologies:
- Wan and Backbone Networking - BGP, ISIS, OSPF, MPLS, QoS
- Data Center Networking - STP, HSRP, MLAG, BGP, EVPN, VXLAN, Linux Bridge
- Network Development - Linux, Python, YAML, Jinja2, JSON
- Automation - Salt, NAPALM, ZTP
- Monitoring: Prometheus, Grafana, Netflow, Kentik
- Optical Networking - DWDM
- Operating and maintaining large scale global data center networks
- Operating and maintaining the Linode global backbone
- Working on multiple network related projects at once, sometimes with teams from other departments.
- Assessing and resolving network trouble escalations from our 24/7 support staff (we have an on-call rotation)
- Administering standard network provisioning tasks
- Develop systems for Linode's next generation network across a broad range of technologies including switch, router, and transport including but not limited to dark fiber and DWDM systems.
- Develope design ideals and implement solutions for Linode data center networking based that include but are not limited to Juniper MX, Juniper QFX, Cisco Nexus, Broadcom and Mellanox based ASICs
- Must be able to participate in 24/7 incident response.
- Strong understanding of data center switching, routing and network protocols
- Strong understanding of Linux, virtualization, scripting, and networking concepts.
- Experience with administration of routers and switches via command line
- 5+ years experience with large scale network administration
- Understanding of version control; specifically Git and GitHub.
- Knowledge of network software, IOS-XR, NX-OS, Junos, and Linux Networking
- Understanding of peering and transit
- Experience with MPLS, BGP and dynamic routing protocols
- Understanding of VXLAN and EVPN
- Ability to work with all kinds of people with varying skill sets will be critical for success.