?We are looking for Network Engineer - Level 2 for our client in Jackson, MS
Job Title: Network Engineer - Level 2
Job Location: ?Jackson, MS
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- The Network Engineer II is responsible for planning and leading the installation, configuration, documentation and maintenance of networkinfrastructure devices and software including networkrouters, switches, firewalls and gateways ensuring high availability and security.
- The Network Engineer II is responsible for conducting activities related to Business Recovery including providing network redundancy and performing the semi-annual Business Recovery tests.
- The Network Engineer II is also responsible for working with outside vendors and other departmental personnel to resolve critical issues, and working with Information Security to respond to and resolve critical network and printer security issues.
- The Network Engineer II will also provide a level of Telecommunications Systems support when requested.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Math, or related field required.
- 4+ years’ experience working in a network administration role required.
- CCNA and CCNP certifications required.
- Experience with routing protocols is required.
- Experience with Cisco routers, switches, and ASA firewalls is required.
- Experience with Cisco Nexus and Fiber Channel equipment preferred.
- Demonstrated ability and desire to learn and operate in a multi-operating system server environment.
- Must have strong skills in the use of Microsoft Office productivity software, project tracking, and graphical documentation tools.
- Must have a comprehensive understanding of network protocols and associated applications and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and facilitation skills required.
- Experience with Network Diagnostic troubleshooting and monitoring tools required.
- Experience with Wireshark, Cisco LMS, Cisco ACS, Cisco DCNM, and Solarwinds Orion is preferred.