Provides assistance in all aspects of network management from network design through implementation, maintenance, and upgrading of existing networks; Analyzes design, specifications, and related documents; Implements communication system requirements to support the distributed functionality of a software engineering environment; Analyzes network characteristics (e.g. traffic connect time, transmission speeds, packet sizes and throughput), troubleshoots problems and recommends procurement of and/or modifications to network components.
- Conducts network and telecommunications system incident and problem investigation and diagnostics
- Identifies and documents workaround solutions for errors
- Applies workaround solutions per documented methods and procedures
- Applies operating system updates, patches, and configuration changes
- Installs and configures new network and telecommunications systems hardware and software
- Analyzes network and telecommunications system logs, identifies potential issues, and initiates corrective actions per documented methods and procedures
- Performs network system backups per documented methods and procedures
- Monitors network and telecommunications system performance and responds to anomalies and issues according to documented procedures
- Builds network and telecommunications systems for deployment, conducts testing, and prepares for shipping
- Creates and maintains network and telecommunications systems diagrams and configuration documentation
- Configures, tests, installs, troubleshoots, and maintains security devices such as firewalls, intrusion detection systems, cryptographic devices, and routers to optimize performance and ensure the desired security posture is attained and maintained
- Provides monitoring support of accredited network and telecommunications systems for compliance with Certification and Accreditation
- Configures, tests, installs, troubleshoots, and maintains Plain Old Telephone (POTs) phone systems, including phone units, voicemail, switches, infrastructure and related telecommunications trunk circuits
- Configures, tests, installs, troubleshoots, and maintains VoIP phone systems, including phone units, voicemail, and call manager systems
- Configures, tests, installs, troubleshoots, and maintains Video Teleconference (VTC) systems and video recording/viewing/distribution systems
- Configures, tests, installs, troubleshoots, and maintains Very Small Aperture Terminal (VSAT) TDMA IP-based satellite systems
- Performs module, unit, subsystem, and system level testing following documented method and procedures
Active Top Secret Clearance with polygraph required
- Five (5) years of experience as a Network Engineer in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Five (5) additional years of experience in Network Engineering disciplines may be substituted for a Bachelor's degree
- Contractor shall currently possess and maintain one of the following certifications:
- CompTIA – Network+
- Cisco Certified Network Associate – (CCNA) Routing and Switching
- Cisco Certified Network Associate – (CCNA) Security
- Cisco Certified Network Associate – (CCNA) Video
- Cisco Certified Network Associate – (CCNA) Voice.