Leidos Defense and Intelligence Group is seeking a Network Provisioning Engineer to support our DISA customer.
In this role you will be required to:
- Resolve technical problems, coordinate with commercial carriers and users, ensure new service activations are tested/activated in accordance with DISA standards, end-to-end. Implement, install, provision, commission, and maintain design of network infrastructure, DS0 through OC layers traversing fiber, microwave, satellite and copper transport, employing ATM, SONET, Promina/IDNX, M13, DACS, DSU/CSU's, Inverse Mux, and Channel bank schemes.
- Provide fault isolation assistance. Operate various types of telecommunications test equipment and bit error rate/cell test sets (ACTERN/FIREBERD/DIGITAL LIGHTWAVE).
- Design and engineer data and voice networks carried over various transmissions systems, router to router connections using military and commercial protocols such as BGP and ISIS, switch-to-switch trunking to include VLANS, and circuit configurations through multiplexers.
- Identify and correct network and transmission deficiencies in planned or currently operational networks.
- Utilize broad knowledge of IT concepts, principles, methods, and practices to provide network services, relate to existing technology, practices, priorities, system capabilities, operating practices and procedures, service contracts, and costs and funding. Identify, direct, and coordinate the actions required to provide needed services.
- Serve as a central point of contact for clients to determine the status of implementation activities.
- Provide functional guidance, supervision, and technical support as necessary.
- Develops service orders within configuration management databases such as MetaSolv (MSS), WWOLS, or other tool(s) as furnished and identified by the Government, including access to classified/SIPRNET.
- Maintains current POCs for each location or tool identified by the government, through which the circuit traverses in order to properly enter correct POC information as required within the Service Order, formerly known as Telecommunication Service Order TSO.
- Annotates appropriate status for those items which are Held in Abeyance (HIA) pending information or action on the part of another government or contractor entity.
- Actively works with external entities to resolve HIAs when possible. Escalates items for which the Contractor has no direct control or influence, or which are impeding the progress of mission critical requirements, as determined by the Government, that exceed 5 days from time being put on HIA.
- Ensures Telecommunications Service Priority (TSP) has been added to the service order according to DISA and DHS policy and procedures.
- Tracks the status of draft service orders in the Government provided tracking repository.
- Finalizes and releases service orders.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a relevant technical discipline and 8-12 years of overall related experience. Additional experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree. * Current IAT II or higher 8570 certifications are highly desired. Based on program requirements, you will be required to obtain certification if you are not already certified. **You must have an ACTIVE Secret Clearance with ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS:
Knowledge of Fiber Optic.
Knowledge of CISCO, Juniper, DWDM, SONET, ATM, INDX, and IP equipment.
Knowledge of Satellite, telephone, Ethernet, Lam/Wan, and trunks networks.
Ability to interpret network topology diagrams and proposed device configuration changes.
Basic grasp of cryptographic devices.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: ITIL certification CompTIA Network + IAT II or higher 8570 Compliance Certification