$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nation's most important work.We•re a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges.Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions.We continually push ourselves•to respond, to adapt, to go further.To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers.Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many ways•not only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter.Perspecta's talented and robust workforce•14,000 strong'stands ready to welcome you to the team. Let's make an impact together.
Perspecta has an immediate need for a Network Engineer (Journeyman) in the Ogden Utah area.
Perspecta is currently looking for dedicated, dependable, and reliable Journeyman Level Network Engineers to support the upcoming GSMO-II contract with Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA). DISA provides network operations management support to its national security customers via Department of Defense (DoD) Information Networks/Defense Information System Network (DODIN/DISN) capabilities which are deployed and operated worldwide. DODIN/DISN capabilities are functionally a system-of-systems entity that is in a continuing sustainment phase of its life cycle. We are looking for network engineers in a following technical areas: Transport (Optical), IP, and Voice and Video over IP also known as Unified Capabilities.
These positions will support the GSM-II program and in particular the Operational Engineering Division at DISA Global Operational Command (DGOC) East and West. Tasks include:
• Providing technical support for the design, implementation, and integration of network changes
• Configuring and troubleshooting of network paths, making recommendations on implementation, tuning, and network rules in order to balance DISN network performance and posture
• Performing escalation support to Network Operations Technicians
• Performing system/network maintenance, upgrades and migrations
• Performing network monitoring to asses if deployed changes have caused impacts to customer traffic using provided expectations of traffic behavior, lessons learned, and customer reporting
• Interacting with vendor Technical Assistance Center (TAC) personnel to gather needed data to create hardware replacement order
• Troubleshooting and configuring the following:
o Cisco Unity Connection features, subscribers, call handlers and call routing rules, Cisco routing and switching rules, or
o Optical Transport equipment CIENA 6500, CIENA Corestream, CISCO MSPP, or
o Juniper and Cisco routers
Education and Experience Required:
Knowledge and Skills Required:
Valid Through: 2019-9-20