The Defense group supports the Department of Defense (DoD) mission to keep our homeland and its citizens safe. We provide solutions to improve the Nation's defense by providing software, systems engineering, IT, training and logistics and fleet management solutions.
Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nation's most important work. We're a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push ourselves to respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers.
Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many ways not only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter.
Perspecta's talented and robust workforce 14,000 strong stands ready to welcome you to the team. Let's make an impact together.
Perspecta has an immediate/upcoming need for a Network Engineer (Journeyman) in the Belleville, IL area.
Perspecta is currently looking for dedicated, dependable, and reliable Journeyman Level Network Engineers to support the upcoming GSMO-II contract with Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA). DISA provides network operations management support to its national security customers via Department of Defense (DoD) Information Networks/Defense Information System Network (DODIN/DISN) capabilities which are deployed and operated worldwide. DODIN/DISN capabilities are functionally a system-of-systems entity that is in a continuing sustainment phase of its life cycle. We are looking for network engineers in a following technical areas: Transport (Optical), IP, and Voice and Video over IP also known as Unified Capabilities.
- These positions will support the GSM-II program and in particular the Operational Engineering Division at DISA Global Operational Command (DGOC) East and West.
- Providing technical support for the design, implementation, and integration of network changes.
- Configuring and troubleshooting of network paths, making recommendations on implementation, tuning, and network rules in order to balance DISN network performance and posture.
- Performing escalation support to Network Operations Technicians.
- Performing system/network maintenance, upgrades and migrations.
- Performing network monitoring to asses if deployed changes have caused impacts to customer traffic using provided expectations of traffic behavior, lessons learned, and customer reporting.
- Interacting with vendor Technical Assistance Center (TAC) personnel to gather needed data to create hardware replacement order.
- Troubleshooting and configuring the following:
- Cisco Unity Connection features, subscribers, call handlers and call routing rules, Cisco routing and switching rules, or
- Optical Transport equipment CIENA 6500, CIENA Corestream, CISCO MSPP, or
- Juniper and Cisco routers
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or related field or equivalent work experience.
- May hold entry-level or intermediate-level certification(s) in work field.
- Typically 2-5 years of relevant experience
- DoD 8570 certification at IAT level II Security+ CE
- DoD Secret Security Clearance with eligibility for Singe Scope Background Investigation (SSBI)
- Requires at least 4 - 8 years of relevant IT experience
Knowledge and Skills Required:
Typical skills include:
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Experience with one of the following technologies:
- Optical Transport equipment CIENA 6500, CIENA Corestream, CISCO MSPP 15454/15310, SYCAMORE ODXC 16K/9K, XTERA
- CISCO/Juniper Routers (ESR and ASR)
- IPSEC configuration, troubleshooting, and design experience
- MPLS configuration, troubleshooting, and design experience
- Experience troubleshooting and configuring IP networks using at least one of the following routing methods: BGP, ISIS or OSPF, Static routing.
- Experience with Cisco Voice platforms, Call Manager, Unity, VOIP gateway, SIP, PRI's, Dialing plans, and Cisco Unified Boundary Element (CUBE)
- Working knowledge of SIP signaling and call-flows
- Experience in SIP internetworking
- Working knowledge of Secure Real-Time Transport Protocol (SRTP) including G.711 and G.729 codecs, and Digital Tone Multi Frequency (DTMF)
- Experience with Oracle SBCs and Cisco CUBEs
- Working knowledge of Unified Capabilities protocols (SRTP, RTP, IP, UDP, QOS, DSCP, etc
- Experience in H.323, H.320
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting G.711, G.722, G.729, H.264
- Expertise in one or more of the following: IP routing, QoS, traffic engineering, DNS; Web Content Filtering, FPCAP, Network appliances (WAN acceleration, etc).
- Ability to work in a team focused, dynamic environment.
- Requires expertise in two or more of the following devices/vendors: CISCO,
- Juniper, Palo Altos, F5 Big IP, Sourefire, Bivio, Lancope, Fidelis. NIKSUN, Arcsight.
- CCNP or equivalent Juniper certifications
- CCNP Collaboration
- CCNP Routing and Switching
- DISA/DoD experience
- ITIL v3 Foundation
- Understanding of technology in direct responsibility
- (developing) General understanding of related technologies
- Customer Service
- General Project Management
- (developing) Customer/Vendor Management
- (developing) Business Analysis
- (developing) General Financial Management