Charter is proud to have a network that provides service to millions of users across the country. The NE IV leads in the planning, forecasting, implementation and identification of resource requirements for network systems of varying (moderate to high) complexity.
Follows corporate standards, develops and implements network enhancements and makes recommendations for improvement. Responsible for implementation of approved network architecture and designs. Leads in staff development efforts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Responsible for performing network modeling and simulations of network layers to identify both steady state and failover state network capacity requirements
- Responsible for developing and maintaining current and future network topology maps for core, backbone, and data center networks.
- Assist in establishing medium to long term network plans for Core & Backbone Operations group.
- Participates in network planning, networkarchitecturedesign and engineering.
- Integrates communication architectures, topologies, hardware, software, transmission and signaling links and protocols into complete network configurations.
- Evaluates new products, performs network problem resolution.
- Assists in the development and documentation of technical standards.
- Implements approved methods of procedure.
- Implements and assists in designing corporate standards, develops and implements network enhancements and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Works on projects/systems/issues of varying complexity surrounding network planning, configuration and optimization.
- Provides tier support across organizations.
- Works on one or more projects as a project team member, regularly as a project team lead.
- Coaches less experienced staff.
- Adheres to industry specific local, state, and federal regulations, as applicable.
- Knows, understands and follows company policy.
- Performs other duties as requested by supervisor.
BASIC / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field or equivalent work experience
- 4 years Data networkexperience - Cisco and/or Juniper.
ADDITIONAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to produce MOPS and BOMS
- Advanced knowledge of related industry specifications and standards IEEE, ANSI, Physical Media (Multimode Fiber, Singlemode Fiber, UTP, etc.), bridging, switching, routing, ethernet and transport technologies and protocols
- Experience with networkdesign, networkarchitecture, protocols and network topology
- TCP/IP and the OSI Model
- Advanced knowledge in using ticketing and software tools to support the current operations
- Experience with network devices and basic network appliances
- Strong experience with networkdesigning software, such as Visio
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of company products and services
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP or CCIP)
- Industry and vendor specific certifications and training (Cisco, Juniper, Alcatel-Lucent, etc)
- Office Environment
- May work in Network Lab environment
- 24X7 Network Operations environment
- Occasional travel as required
Requisition Number: 217072BR.