This position level is responsible for diverse activities related to the design, configuration and performance of the network. Competent to plan, engineer and support the most complex aspects of organization's WAN/LAN. Works on extremely complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangible variance factors.
Exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and evaluation criterion for obtaining results. Ensures long-term requirements of network operations are included in the overall information systems planning of the organization.
Designs network topology and supports network security through router and server firewalls. With a focus on Cisco and Checkpoint firewall. Implement and support IPS technologies, DNS and DHCP services, Web Servers hosting under IIS, Apache, Tomcat.
Takes a lead role in formulating project plans and implementing management strategies. May develop disaster recovery plans.
Basic qualifications for this position are:
- *Minimum 9 years experience working with Information technologies required.
- *Minimum 6 years network/infrastructure environment experience required.
- *Minimum 4 years working in a network engineer capacity required.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong experience with network security operations
- Demonstrated experience providing end-user support for large corporate applications in a networked environment.
- Strong knowledge of firewalls (Cisco and Checkpoint)
- Strong experience with LAN/WAN and network protocols (DNS/DHCP).
- Previous experience with Web and Application servers (IIS, Tomcat, Apache)
- Experience with configuring and maintaining load balancers (F5) and proxy servers
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including a strong ability to create positive and professional business relationships with internal clients.
- Strong commitment to working as a team and providing excellent customer service.
- On-call on rotational basis for critical services.
- Bachelor's degree in business or computer science is highly desired.
Job ID BATS-7941