IP Pathways is experiencing explosive company growth! In fact, we’ve doubled in size over the last couple of years and we’d like to consider you for a position on our growing team! The Network Engineer position is responsible for providing next-tier and escalation-level technical support to our customer base. This primarily includes interacting with other IT professionals employed by our customers. These support services are most often focused on networking, routing and firewall administration, but include the whole IP Pathways product set. As a consultant, this position must also provide a high-level of professionalism and must possess excellent soft skills in addition to technical skills. There is also opportunity for career advancement by transitioning to a Technical Consultant (field engineer) or a Senior Network Engineer working on our data center infrastructure. We are willing to train the right candidate in all aspects of our product set.
- Always work to maintain a high-level of customer satisfaction
- Always strive for continual improvement in everything we do
- Work on maintaining our data center networks
- Provide technical support to customers
- Includes participating in an on-call rotation
- Other duties as assigned
- Associates degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Business Systems or certifications in specific IT subject matter preferred, but not required
- At least 3 – 5 years of experience supporting or implementing technology solutions
- Experience with the following technologies preferred
- Switches and routers (Catalyst & Nexus switching)
- Expertise in routing protocols including BGP, IGRP and OSPF
- Firewalls and other network security devices
- Cisco Firepower and Palo Alto
- Cisco VoIP
- Wireless networks
- Aruba and Meraki
- VPN (IPSec, SSL, etc)
- Load-balancing & application acceleration
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent ability to multitask and maintain high-levels of quality
- Must be able to work as a valued member in a team environment
Physical Abilities Required
Ability to rack servers, switches, and other datacenter equipment.
Why IP Pathways?
- Work/life balance. IP Pathways believes in enabling families to be families. We proudly offer flexible and accommodating work schedules to meet your family’s needs and obligations.
- Technical training. Looking for a company who will consistently invest in developing your technical skills? We’ll not only cover your job related training costs, but also all of your exams.
- Company bike rides. Don’t own a bike? Don’t worry, we’ll make sure you get one. A helmet, too. Leave work early… enjoy free food and drinks along the way… need we say more? Did we mention the free IPP Cycling Club t-shirt?
- Refreshing beverages. Fully stocked drink coolers at all offices. Grab a pop/soda, energy drink, flavored water, juice or even an ice cold gourmet coffee whenever the need arises! After all, it’s all on the house.
- Delicious snacks. The snack variety is just as plentiful as the aforementioned beverage options. There is sure to be something for everyone’s appetite. Grab a protein bar or yes, even the bag of Cheetos – it can be our little secret. Yep, they’re free as well.
- Company BBQs. The IPP President cooks… you eat and drink. It’s actually not that bad of a deal if you think about it. Play some bags, throw the football or just sit in a chair in the shade and relax.
- Quarterly team outings. Join us for a BBQ crawl, a friendly game of laser tag or paintball, maybe enjoy a couple frames of bowling, or try your luck in the arcade, no tokens needed! The venue always changes.
- Birthday celebrations. Who doesn’t like warm chocolate chip cookies baked fresh and delivered to them for their birthday? Don’t worry – we won’t sing… too loud.
- Health club reimbursement. Yeah, so, after all of the… free beverages, snacks, cookies, etc… it just seems like the right thing to do. We’ll help cover a percentage of your health club membership.