Your skills will contribute to the management of local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), Firewalls, Wi-Fi access points, digital voice, a Microsoft-centric Unified Communications and Collaboration and other data communications systems. A full-stack engineer, well versed in a range of technologies including security best practices and public cloud paradigms will perform analysis of network security needs and contribute to design, integration, and installation of hardware and software.
You will spend your time…
- Ensuring full resiliency and a low/no outage design taking into account the user experience from an application performance perspective.
- Oversee the service delivery of our Telecom providers including BT and local ISPs
- Designing, implementing, and providing security maintenance of highly complex network technology platforms
- Configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting network devices and perimeter security systems such as firewalls and intrusion detection systems as required. Implements network security policies and standards; reviews network security, access control, and data safeguards.
- Monitoring the security and reliability of network infrastructure
- SDN, SD-WAN design and deployment in support of resilient global WAN infrastructure.
- Master our Aruba wireless network standard that supports secured access via the Clear Pass access controls
- Deploying and supporting of Unified Communications and VoIP.
- Ability to support hybrid and public cloud environments (AWS & Azure).
- Providing strong Governance of global environment providing patching, compliance, and performance metrics.
- High level of analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Root Cause, Post Mortem Analysis
- Strong understanding of the organization's goals and objectives.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Willingness to coach and train colleagues
- Vendor management
- Change Management
- Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science or electronics and communication engineering.
- Must have 3+ years of experience as a Network Engineer designing and implementing enterprise level networking equipment and security design.
- ITIL Foundation certification preferred
- Cisco Certifications: CCNP+ preferred.