The IP Operations Network Engineer is responsible for the INAP network which provides high-capacity, low latency solutions for our Colocation, Cloud and Network services. The IP Operations team supports all aspects of hardware deployments, software upgrades, capacity management, peering relationships and 100% availability of our global network.
- Plan, design and implement DWDM, MPLS and IP network infrastructure across the globe.
- Manage and maintain assigned market network performance and utilization.
- Schedule maintenance windows for software upgrades, capacity augments and network changes as needed.
- Provide technical support as a Subject Matter Expert for the Network Operations Center.
- Improve upon existing automation and SDN functionality.
- Work a flexible schedule and participate in an after-hours on call rotation.
- 5 or more years of relevant network engineering experience.
- In-depth knowledge administering MPLS, OSPF, ISIS and BGP in a large-scale network.
- Experience managing and deploying Cisco ISR/ASR, Juniper MX/QFX/EX and Brocade series platforms.
- Experience troubleshooting optical transport and metro DWDM networks.
- Expert knowledge in designing Layer 1-3 wide area networks within a data center environment is highly desired.
- Ability to analyze complex network issues and formulate a plan of action.
- Detail oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong UNIX skills. Proficiency in Perl or Python is desirable.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science. A combination of education, certification and experience is acceptable.
- May be required to travel up to 30% of the time within EMEA and occasionally to the US.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs., climb ladders and utilize pallet jacks in a data center environment.