$80K — $100K *
• This position’s primary focus is on the daily operations and activities within the Install Team. Duties consist of events scheduling, addressing common questions/problems via phone and email correspondence.
• Coordinate and fulfill all new customer turn ups including configuration, routing updates and other network implementations such as BGP routing, filter list application, routing protocol conversions, etc.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills; capable of communicating technical concepts clearly and concisely to end-users.
• Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to take ownership of unfamiliar tasks and problems and follow through to completion
• A commitment to delivering a superior customer experience through direct interaction with customers.
• Customers’ business needs often dictate that turn ups and hot cuts need to occur outside of typical business hours. This position does involve evening and weekend work, a flexible schedule is a requirement.
• Provide input and feedback on Install processes and tools in order to drive forward the refinement of better tools and procedures in order to optimize the customer’s experience with INAP.
• Ability to track multiple ongoing projects in various states and drive those projects through to completion in a timely, professional, and courteous manner.
• Ability to develop, defend and follow a MOP as well as clearly articulate the details of a MOP to a customer.
o 2+ years experience providing technical support to customers.
o Strong communication skills (oral, written, and typing (30+ wpm))
o Self-starter with ability to thrive in a fast-paced team environment and multitask many ongoing issues simultaneously.
o Desire to learn new networking technologies and willingness to pursue professional certifications
o 2+ years experience with Cisco and/or Juniper routers and switches: configuration and circuit troubleshooting (including Ethernet and serial links)
o Solid foundational understanding and troubleshooting of OSI Layers 1-3
o Basic understanding of Optical Networking: fiber/connector types, optic compatibility, distance limitations, and wavelengths.
o Proficiency with IPv4 and IPv6 addressing and subnetting
o Extensive experience with routing: BGP, IGPs (preferably OSPF), and static
o Familiarity with First Hop Redundancy Protocols (HSRP/VRRP)
o Familiarity with Link Aggregation (LACP)
o Familiarity with LAN Switching and tagged traffic
o Experience with Linux command line
o Experience with DNS and administering forward/reverse records (Bind)
• Professional Certification (Cisco CCNA/CCNP, Juniper JNCIA/JNCIS/JNCIP)
• Familiarity with MPLS operation and tunneling concepts.
• Exposure to WDM operations and technology concepts
Valid through: 5/27/2021