Requisition Number: 72824
As a Network Engineer, you will provide Level 2 and 3 break/fix networking support for various clients, as well as performing remote management tasks for managed services clients. Responds to both tool and user reported incidents, escalating issues for junior teammates as needed. Works directly with client to communicate progress on tasks and provide recommendations to their infrastructure. The department expands across different technologies, such as data center, data protection, virtualization, networking, storage, voice, and collaboration.
Insight is looking for talented individuals who are passionate about emerging technologies and excited about the opportunity to work for industry-leading organizations!
What you'll do at Insight:
- Provides advanced product support and remediation of incidents in the clients environments. This includes proactive and preventative maintenance along with client infrastructure upgrades.
- Provides daily operational management of clients hardware and software configurations.
- Applies systems analysis techniques and procedures, including consulting with users, to determine hardware, software and system functional specifications.
- Maintains advanced software configurations and recommends new applications and equipment, including updates and patches and computer infrastructure components.
- Executes performance analysis of client environments and remediation tasks based on industry best practices. Implements formal written summary and action plans along with root cause analysis reports for clients management.
- Formulates, provides, and maintains advanced documentation for various critical business computing technologies including diagrams, configuration settings, usage policies, and operating practice.
- Performs all other duties as assigned
What you'll need to join Insight:
- Bachelor's degree Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field; or equivalent years of working experience.
- At least 5 years of experience working with Cisco Networking technologies, core Routing and Switching.
- Experience with Palo Alto and F5 technologies, Juniper a plus.
- Licenses and/or certifications
- Knowledge of systems analysis techniques and procedures
- Must have the ability to keep current with alternative systems and technology and make technology recommendations to management consistent with the company's business and system strategies.
- Ability to exercise of discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance.
The position described above provides a summary of some the job duties required and what it would be like to work at Insight. For a comprehensive list of physical demands and work environment for this position, click here.
Today, every business is a technology business. Insight Enterprises, Inc. empowers organizations of all sizes with Insight Intelligent Technology Solutions™ and services to maximize the business value of IT. As a Fortune 500-ranked global provider of digital innovation, cloud/data center transformation, connected workforce, and supply chain optimization solutions and services, we help clients successfully manage their IT today while transforming for tomorrow. From IT strategy and design to implementation and management, our 6,800 employees help clients innovate and optimize their operations to run smarter. Discover more at insight.com.
- Global provider of Intelligent Technology Solutions™ for organizations of all sizes
- Ranked #417 on the 2018 Fortune 500, #12 on the CRN Solution Provider 500
- Founded in 1988 in Tempe, Arizona; now celebrating our 30th anniversary and operating in 20 countries
- $6.7 billion in revenue for 2017
- 8,000+ teammates worldwide working with 5,300+ partners
- 2017 Arizona's Most Admired Companies (AZ Business Magazine), #7 2017 Best Places to Work (Phoenix Business Journal)
- 2018 Dell EMC Server Partner of the Year, 2018 Intel Retail Solution Partner of the Year, 2018 IBM Geography Excellence Award as the Top National Strategic Business Partner in North America, Microsoft's largest global partner
Today's talent leads tomorrow's success. Learn about careers at Insight: jobs.insight.com.
Insight is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Posting Notes: Tempe || Arizona (US-AZ) || United States (US) || None || None || US - Cary, NC; US - Eden Prairie, MN; US - Tempe, AZ ||