Key Job Duties and Responsibilities Summary: The Network Engineer is to manage the data and telecommunication equipment in order to maintain smooth uninterrupted operations and workflow for Nuvodia and its clients. The Network Engineer assists in maintaining existing systems, new system integrations, and implementations.
General Description: The Network Engineer must be able to work effectively and efficiently in a fast paced office environment in meeting continual deadlines. The Network Engineer must be able to handle multiple priorities with constant interruptions. Organization is essential in order to meet deadlines. A sense of urgency, the ability to make good decisions, and the prioritization of tasks is necessary.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Performs data communication functions related to the design and implementation of hardware, software, and circuit facilities.
• Designs, programs, coordinates and implements telecommunications systems, which may include PBX, voice switching systems, voice processing systems (e.g. voice mail), the voice network, integrated work stations, telecommunications cable/wiring plans, and related products and services.
• Responsible for the ongoing administration of voice technology and network systems to include telephone station hardware/software changes, voice system software upgrades, traffic analysis and reporting.
• Knowledgeable in state-of-the-art telecommunications and LAN equipment and services.
• Analyzes complex hardware and software configurations. Requires the ability to organize and coordinate company team and vendor tasks.
• Designs, implements, installs, and troubleshoots network infrastructure with Cisco switches and routers
• Installs and supports remote sites including home network users and new offices; phone and network cabling; new networks including testing, implementation and maintenance
• Creates Visio documentation for network and phone infrastructure
• Integrates medical equipment into the data network
• Troubleshoots Windows OS
• Secures quotes and bids from hardware/software and telecommunication vendors including securing contracts
• Manages network and data projects including site remodels for networks and phones, securing bids for equipment and managing timelines and implementation/installation
• Rotates to other shifts and locations as needed
Occasional regional travel, weekend work and on-call rotation will be required.
Qualifications and Experience
• Education: Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent experience
• Experience: Four years of related experience including-
o Two years of data and telecommunication experience required
o Minimum two years of experience in project management from design through implementation
o Experience with Cisco IOS including QOS, ACL, PIX firewall, Cisco VPN Concentrator
o Strongly prefer experience with Cisco Call Manager, Cisco Unity, Cisco IPCC
o Experience with telecommunication equipment including Nortel Option 11, data & phone cabling, network security, wireless technologies, and familiarization with all Windows OS
• Certifications: CCNP highly desired
• Computer Skills: Experience with the following computer applications is highly desired: Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio); Internet, Intranet