Network Engineer III
8 - 10 years experience • Managed Care & Health Insurance
Be part of a team that reinvents healthcare and go to work every day to improve peoples’ lives.
Premera is a leading health plan in the Pacific Northwest, providing comprehensive health benefits and tailored services to more than 2 million people, from individuals to Fortune 100 companies. Premera is committed to improving customers’ lives by making healthcare work better. Join us.
The Network Engineer III for our Network and Data Center Services team provides expert networkengineering approaches for IT Infrastructure. The evaluation, design and documentation of solutions are at the core of the network engineer's service catalog. Network Engineers lead, plan, design, and implement LAN / WAN solutions in alignment with securitytechnology and business needs. Also responsible for identifying and tasking junior engineers on life cycle management programs to reduce unplanned outages and retire obsolete hardware. This role will focus on Network and Application performance , availability and monitoring.
What you’ll do
- Maintain an understanding of RFC 1918, IEEE, TCP/IP, LAN / WAN, ISOC engineering and technology standards
- Provide advanced networkengineering and design in support of enterprise network devices and services
- Design, architect and provide support of Routers, Switches, Security Solutions, VPNs, L4-7 Load
- Balancers and Network Management Solutions across LAN/WAN
- Act as a technical contributor with advanced knowledge and experience in one or more areas; Networking with WANtechnologies (Remote Access, Wireless, Routing Protocols, QOS), Networking with LANtechnologies (VLANs, Spanning Tree, VoIP technologies). As well as a high-level understanding of routing protocols such as EIGRP, OSPF, and BGP, Open source Tools, Cacti, CVS, MRTG, Rancid and others
- Provide Tier III leadership support as an escalation for lower tier support systems groups; Provides guidance or direction to lower level engineers and engage external vendor support as required
- Partner with the Applications team to improve application performance through data by utilizing Riverbed tools
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Business Administration, or related field or four (4) years’ work experience
- Eight (8) years of networkengineeringexperience
- Current professional to expert level network certification such as Cisco's CCDP, CCNP, CCDE, CCIE, or demonstrated level of equivalent knowledge
- Knowledge of Cisco’s ACI SDN technology.
- In-depth routing protocols experience - BGP, OSPF, HSRP, VRRP and Experience with reporting protocols and tools - NetFlow, sFlow, ntop, Splunk, etc
- Experience with Riverbed Opnet tool Suite (preferred), and/or HP Open View, Solar Winds
What we offer:
- Medical, vision and dental options
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement programs (Yes! This includes a pension!)
- Workplace wellness programs
- Time off to reenergize
- Free parking
- And MORE!