The Network Engineer III leads complex projects involving the planning, design, installation, and level 3 technical support of LAN/WAN data, IP voice and video information technology solutions with a focus on but not limited to security architecture design, strategies and compliance. The Network Engineer III’s responsibilities are to configure and implement security and internet platforms, local and wide area networks, telecommunications, along with management and associated diagnostic tools to support new and existing technology architectures. The NEIII makes decisions independently on Information Systems solutions, problems and methods. The knowledge and expertise required at this level of work usually results from progressive work experience in large enterprise or retail environments.
Leads the planning, evaluation, testing, selection, implementation and level 3 support of:
· Network Security architectures that include proxy/web filtering, endpoint identity management (NAC/ISE), Firewalls and IDS/IPS systems.
· Internet Connectivity
· Local and Wide Area Networks (LAN/WAN)
· Network Management and Diagnostic tools
The Engineer III mentors junior engineers on security & networking technologies, standards, methodologies, and procedures.
Leads development, implementation, and maintenance of security and network standards and documentation.
Participates in developing long-term strategic, capacity and performance planning objectives and goals.
Participates in network infrastructure audit activities and provides evidence as required.
Leads network infrastructure security remediation activities
Coordinates efforts to isolate and resolve network and security related issues.
Participates in IT and corporate-lead initiatives.
Researches new technology and evaluates viability to meet or exceed business requirements and goals.
Cisco Certifications (CISSP, IPS Specialist, CCNP/CCDP, CCNP Voice).
· Voice over IP
· Quality of Service (QOS)
· BlueCoat Proxies / Cisco WSA
· Cisco ISE
· Cisco NAC
· Cisco ASA
· Cisco FWSM
· VPN Concentrators
· NIDS IDS/IPS (wired and wireless)
· Threat and vulnerability management and remediation activities
· Network infrastructure security incident response
· Payment Card Industry (PCI) and Sarbanes-Oxley security standards.
· Cisco ACE
· F5 LTM/GTM
· Packet capture, analysis and troubleshooting tools
· Scripting to automate manual functions
· Route/Switch Base Configuration Templates
· Network Management and monitoring tools such as NetMRI, Solarwinds
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field.
8 years of relevant experience.
7 years of planning, design, and implementation experience in network WAN routing/switching/security and IP voice networking in a large enterprise retail environment.
In-depth working knowledge of at least 3 of the following network related Cisco platforms WAN Routers, LAN switches, F5 load balancing systems, Firewalls, CUCM, remote access systems, network management and capacity planning systems.
Working knowledge of the following:
· IP addressing
· OSI model
· Payment Card Industry (PCI) and Sarbanes-Oxley security standards
· Threat and vulnerability management and remediation
Job ID 1333278BR