ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: (functions considered essential as defined by the applicable disability act)
- Consults with users and evaluate requirements, recommends designs, provides cost analyses, plans projects, and coordinates tasks for installation of data networks
- Determines plan layout for new hardware or modifications to existing layout
- Installs, upgrades, and configures network printing, directory structures, user access, security, software, and file services
- Analyses and resolves technical problems for established networks
- Plans, tests, recommends, and implements network, files server, mainframes, and workstation hardware and software
- Provides network documentation, training, and guidance to computing system clients and programmers
- Conducts technical research on network upgrades and components to determine feasibility, cost, time required, and compatibility with current system
- Recommends network solutions for short-, medium-, and long-range network projects
- Serves as technical specialist in network problems and emergencies
- Provides tier 2 and 3 support by troubleshooting and resolving network production problems
- Installs, configures and maintains network components
- Establishes user profiles, user environments, directories, and security for networks being installed
- Works as a team member with other technical staff, such as systems to ensure connectivity and compatibility between systems
- Works with vendors to resolve complex network problems
- Maintains confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed by the network
- Documents network problems and resolutions for future reference
- As needed, relocates technical equipment to and from an assigned location
Special assignments or tasks assigned to the employee by their supervisor, as determined from time to time in their sole and complete discretion.
- A minimum of five years of job related experience is required
- Working knowledge and experience in project management is required
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL LEVEL:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience is required
- Advanced knowledge of applications systems and ability to apply this knowledge.
- Expert level understanding of company operating systems platforms;
- Advanced working knowledge of information systems concepts/design/development, systems development life cycle, recovery techniques, performance monitoring and tuning;
- Decision-making, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Conceptual and data analysis skills, advanced reading skills, the ability to perform intermediate mathematical calculations Intermediate reading and writing skills,
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate with others, both written and verbal communication.
- Ability to lead and supervise the work of others.
- Microsoft and Cisco certifications with an emphasis on desktop, network, and server support are preferred
- Certifications in NET+, A+, N+, MCSA, CCNA, JNCIA, JNCIS, JNCIP, MOUS, CCIE, MCP Cisco and MCSE
- May lead otherNetwork personnel as assigned and/or act as team lead on projects