The Network Engineer III provides functional and empirical analysis related to the planning, design, installation, and implementation of the network infrastructure. Performs installation and maintenance of network devices including the restoration of hardware and software. Works with end users, Team Members and vendors to resolve network hardware and software issues. May recommend, develop, and administer tools to achieve high availability and efficient utilization of LAN/WAN. Reviews progress and evaluates results. Performs work under minimal supervision. Handles complex issues and problems, and refers only the most complex issues to higher-level Team Members. Provides leadership, coaching, and/or mentoring to a subordinate Team Members. May act as a "lead" on specific projects or implementations.
- Performs maintenance of network devices including the restoration of hardware and software.
- Conduct research and evaluation of network technology and recommend purchases of network equipment.
- Works with end users, Team Members, and vendors to resolve network hardware and software issues.
- Installs, supports and tests Local and Wide Area Networks.
- Supports Infrastructure including: switches, routers, wireless, optical, and firewalls.
- May develop end-user training to achieve high availability and efficient utilization of LAN/WAN.
- Responds to and resolves help desk tickets.
- Participates in project management activities as assigned.
- Participates in Network Team On-Call program.
- Adheres to the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies and Standards of Behavior.
- Lifts a minimum of 20 lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 20 lbs. and stands a minimum of 4 hours a day.
- Bachelor's level degree and/or equivalent certification in IT related discipline.
- Four or more years of experience in IT related discipline.
- Technical expertise, including comprehensive and working knowledge of current and emerging networking technologies including but not limited to the TCP/IP network subject matters, routing, switching, wireless, VPN, firewall, and LAN/WAN technologies.
- Possesses working knowledge of routing, switching, wireless, VPN, firewall policy, and optical transport systems including DWDM/ROADM technology.
- Design, installation and coordination of the installation of data networks and systems; maintenance and troubleshooting of network hardware, systems, software, and peripherals.
- Effective oral and written communication skills as well as analytical skills to effectively interact with coworkers and end-users to understand and communicate network issues and resolution.
- Demonstrated Project Management skills.
- Strong problem-solving and interpersonal skills.