Network Engineer III
Department:KABLocation:San Diego, CA
START YOUR APPLICATION
KAB Laboratories, Inc. (http://kablab.com), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Epsilon Systems Solutions, focused on software development and systems engineering for intelligence and combat systems is seeking a Network Engineer with at least 5 years’ experience for work in San Diego, CA. Our engineer efforts use software and commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) electronics to turn incoming data from multiple sensors into a single picture of prioritized threats. If you have a passion for excellence in engineering and enjoy working on challenging projects in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment – read on!
Summary: Our Network Engineers integrate into a full-cycle hardware and software production environment to provide technical analysis in data network planning, engineering, and design. Work includes analysis for implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to network problems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Employ a functional knowledge of a wide variety of systems engineering procedures as they apply to cyber security or infrastructure of network systems and their design development processes.
- Work with systems leads and systems engineering peers on system designs, requirements development, and process implementation.
- Support the design, development, documentation, analysis, and creation, of ship-based Network architecture, physical topology design, configuration updates, test, data flow analysis, market surveys, trade studies, writing proposals, documentation, and shipboard installation.
- Work with personnel across multiple engineering disciplines and teams.
- Participate in continual product improvement efforts and work with team members to implement best practices.
- Work with limited supervision, and take ownership of projects to achieve schedule, financial, and technical goals as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering, Computer Science/Networks, Mathematics, or a related engineering field.
- Five to seven (5-7) years of professional experience designing systems or performing network and information technology engineering or evaluation.
- Current Secret security clearance.
- Pursuant to the various government contractual requirements, all applicants must be U.S. Citizens.
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP, the OSI model, Layer 2/3 IP protocols and network quality attribute concepts (including scalability, reliability, survivability, performance).
- Knowledgeable with the System Engineering Design & Development Phases including architecture, requirements, design, integration, testing, delivery, and support.
- Experience evaluating and implementing IT Products including network (switches, routers, network management tools) and/or Cyber Security Products such as firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention systems, and System Information Event Managers.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel and Powerpoint.
- Experience working on technical projects within cost and schedule as part of a Product Team.
- DoD System Architecture and system design documentation.
- Strong interpersonal skills, telephone etiquette, and professional demeanor.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Effective team player with highly proficient customer service skills.
- Advanced level user in Microsoft Office application (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Visio).
- Flexible and able to work in a dynamic, team-oriented environment.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI clearance.
- Experience with DoD Systems.
- Knowledge of US Navy Combat Systems.
- Experience in supporting security authorization activities in compliance with government directives.
- Information Assurance (IA) and Cyber Security concepts.
- CISSP-ISSEP, CISM, CISA or equivalent IS Certifications.
- Regular communication (hearing/speaking).
- Noise conditions range from very quiet to very noisy.
- Prolonged use of computer (typing/keyboarding).
- Frequently required to sit for long periods of time, stand, and walk.
- Ability to travel by car, air or other means of transportation, if required.