$150K — $200K *
At Criterion Systems, we developed a different kind of business—a company whose real value is a reputation for excellence built upon the collective skills, talents, perspectives, and backgrounds of its people. By accepting a position with Criterion Systems, you will join a group of professionals with a collaborative mindset where we share ideas and foster professional development to accomplish our goals. In addition to our great culture, we also offer competitive compensation and benefit packages, company-sponsored team building events, and advancement opportunities. To find out more about how Criterion can help you take your career to the next level please visit our
Criterion Systems is seeking a Network Engineer III to perform research, requirements analysis, design, installation, documentation, troubleshooting, and sustainment of local- and wide-area network hardware and services. Develops system specifications, architecture designs, integration and test plans, and all relevant documentation. Develops risk management and mitigation strategy. Maintain compliance with QA standards as well as ensuring service performance indicators are met or exceeded. Experience in reviewing Mission related change requirements such as Requests for Change (RFCs) and approved Change Requests (CRQs) and determining impacts on Transport activities across the Enterprise while providing Technical solutions and cost impacts. Experience in complex telecommunications applications involving all phases of telecommunications network design, implementation, and analysis.
Other duties may include but not be limited to:
- Focus will be on Requirements Analysis, Development and Implementation
- Engineer and implement solutions for Projects based on customer Change Requests
- Serve as the technical representative for assigned projects.
- Provide recommendations on newly submitted actions items.
- Coordinate issues with the appropriate owners/organizations.
- Provide concurrence on decisions or recommendations by assigned suspense.
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, surveys, site visits, scenarios, business analysis and test/workflow analysis.
- Write requirement specs according to standard templates.
- Decompose high-level business and user requirements into functional requirements.
- Represent requirements using alternative views, such as analysis models (diagrams).
- Perform requirement analysis and verification, ensuring requirement statements are complete, consistent, concise, comprehensible, traceable, feasible, unambiguous, and they conform to standards.
- Manage requirements traceability information and track requirements status throughout the review process.
- Identify requirement errors and defects, and write response statements to appropriate owners/organizations.
- An understanding of how to practice requirements engineering according to several hardware/software development life cycles in a team environment.
- Knowledge of product management concepts and how Enterprise network products are positioned and implemented.
- Support network traffic analysis and bandwidth optimization efforts to ensure attainment of performance and availability objectives.
- Evaluate and report on new/emerging network/communication technologies to enhance capacity, performance and reliability of the network.
- Evaluate and recommend changes and/or technology upgrades to address performance, standardization and industry best practices
- Follows all Customer network security processes and procedures, ensures compliance with all Government policies.
- Develop and maintain network architecture diagrams.
- Active TS/SCI with Poly - No exceptions.
- Ability to work independently with little direction and guidance
- Network design, engineering, and implementation (Advanced Level)
- Creation of network related Rough Order Magnitude (ROM) equipment lists and costing
- Ability to estimate labor needed to complete planning, engineering, procurement, and installation of complex Enterprise Transport solutions
- Understanding of DISA and IC standards and processes
- Excellent writing and communication skills, including the ability to develop analytical documents and present oral presentations to senior/executive management
- Interpersonal skills, to help negotiate priorities
- Proficient is MS Office suite – Visio, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project
- Ability to work weekends and evening hours as needed
- 10+ years related technical experience in Network and Transport technologies, tools, and techniques
- 5+ years’ experience with large-scale enterprise/global networks in a high paced diverse environment
- Understanding and experience with the DoD Architecture Framework and other key DoD network architecture and strategic planning instructions
- Experience with CISCO and Juniper: switches, routers, as well as Cryptographic devices, IPSEC.
- Experience with Network analysis tools (CISCO Network Analysis Modules, Solar Winds Network Management, OPNET NetOne, HP Network Node Manager, etc.)
- Experience with CISCO and Juniper firewall/VPN devices
- Experience with supporting IP services to connect to NIPRNET, SIPRNET and JWICS (IPv4, VPN, IPv6, Multicast, QOS, SDN, SNMP, VOIP, VTC, etc)
- Experience with BGP, OSPF, and MPLS.
Valid through: 6/25/2021