The Voice Engineer II assists with the installation, maintenance, and support of the networkinfrastructure to ensure maximum performance, availability and voice quality for customers. This role works with both voice and IP technology.The Voice Engineer II acts as primary resource for the telecom team by providing unified communication engineering support, operational support, and project support for Sonic Healthcare’s convergednetwork. This roll oversees the company's internal voice communications systems. Plans, designs and implements local and wide-area network solutions between multiple platforms and protocols. Analyzes, troubleshoots and resolves network related issues. Analyzes and tests all elements of the networkinfrastructure to ensure optimal quality of voice traffic. Designs secure networks and establishes standards based on business objectives. Performs upgrades to hardware and software as required.
- Network VoiceEngineering:
- Maintains standard network designs for each SLA classification.
- Maintain call manager services, call center services, messaging, call routing and faxing.
- Ensure high availably and fail over for call manager services.
- Maintains call manager and call center configuration
- Develops, documents and implements standard processes and procedures.
- Creates road map recommendations to Network Team.
- Works closely with Network and Telecommunications Vendors to keep up to date on new products and EOL products.Employs strong understanding of network administration as related to business operations.Performs analyses on company’s growth to determine the impact on its networkinfrastructure and provide cost-effective, high quality solutions and recommendations over time.
- Employs strong understanding of network administration as related to business operations.
- Performs analyses on company’s growth to determine the impact on its networkinfrastructure and provide cost-effective, high quality solutions and recommendations over time.
- Installs, configures, optimizes and maintains LAN / WAN solutions along with othernetworking equipment.
- Supports and implements network standards, processes and security to maintain company IT standards.
- Operational Support:
- Provides tier 3 support for all Sonic Healthcare Business units.
- Assists team members in resolving Network/Telecom issues.
- Works with otherInfrastructure teams to provide the best support possible to each business unit.
- Mentors other team members on technology and problem resolution.
- Works with vendors to provide support required to meet internal SLA’s.
- Serves as backup for team members during paid time off.
- Monitors network to ensure universal availability and quality of service.
- Monitors status and performance of network facility components.
- Identifies, diagnoses and resolves problems of limited scope and complexity
- Strong knowledge of and ability to manage the day-to-day delivery of satisfactory network services to customers.
- Documents the crucial working procedures of network operations.
- Troubleshoots and repairsnetwork-related problems; triage, troubleshoot, and repair system failures related to network configurations, network switching / routing, network devices, and datacenter equipment.
- Identifies Network configuration and/or performance irregularities or anomalies, and develops procedures to respond to these irregularities in a timely manner.
- Maintains a high level of functionality and availability of all unified communication and collaboration systems.
- Coordinates with vendors for installation of local / remote site hardware and services.
- Project Support:
- Works with project managers to meet expectations for Telecom tasks.
- Completes project tasks and assignments to meet project deadlines.
- Contributes to own team and closely related teams through quality and accuracy of output.
- Builds productive relationships with team members, clients and othernetwork/system stakeholders.
- Establishes working relationships with others outside area of expertise.
- Interprets and analyzes results versus established benchmarks and goals.
- Reports measurement results in actionable form to more senior personnel and management.
- Responds and contributes to Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery circumstances relating to planned and unplanned events.
- Acts as an escalation point for telecom support.
- Conducts project planning, cost analysis, technology comparisons, and vendor evaluations.
- Special Projects:
- Participate in process improvement projects and telecom feature requests.
- Serve a subject matter expert for Project Management Office with recommendations to project related tasks and objectives for telecommunication projects.
- Provide voice engineering recommendations based on industry established best practices for telecom and faxing projects.
- Operational Support:
- Working knowledge of technologies and protocols such as: CUCM, UCCX, UCCX Editor, CUIC, Jabber, Rightfax, Singlewire, TelePresence, Expressway E&C , SIP, H323, QoS, MPLS, TCP/IP, EIGRP, BGP, Wireless.
- Demonstrated success with engineering and project implementations.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Experience with ticketing and monitoring toolsets.
- Understanding of ITIL concepts.
- Experience with Cisco enterprise voice platforms.
- Broad knowledge of network performance and troubleshooting techniques.
- Strong knowledge of network related hardware and software.
- Good understanding of security issues and implications for network solutions.
- Demonstrates a solid understanding of how the Internet works, and the associated interdependency of protocols.
- Strong knowledge of network concepts, technologies, tools and philosophies, and the ability to design an organization's networkinfrastructure and services.
- High School Diploma/GED and 4+ years’ experience.
- Solid knowledge of system development methodology, project management, system architecture an analytical/problem solving skills.
- Must be able to balance high quality standards with schedule pressures and demanding environment.
- Must be a resourceful self-starter, flexible, pro-active, solution-oriented and customer-oriented.