The Network Engineer II provides IT infrastructureengineering for data center and infrastructure upgrades, changes, troubleshooting, relocation and migrations specializing in advanced Cisco solutions.
- Deploys, migrates, and documents post-sales engagement with customers based on ConvergeOne best practices
- Works with a world class network integrator
- Assists in the delivery of support and services to customer's expectations as proposed
- Participates in the design, implementation and administration of Cisco infrastructure and related solutions
- Troubleshoots high end issues with networking, security and wireless infrastructures
- Assists in determining specific customer network requirements
- Assists in developing specific network, security and wireless solutions
- Assists in developing detailed implementation plans
- Conducts architecture chalk talks and design concepts
- Assists the sales team with pre-sales and post-sales opportunities
- Facilitates and conducts product demonstrations, webinars and presentations to customers
- Assists the sales team with requests for bids/proposals
- Masters Technical writing skills and will assist sales with Requests for Quotes/Information
- Creates Statements of Work (SOW's) for proposals and installations
- Able to create Build-of-Material (BOM's) and Visio's for proposals of solutions
- Must have extensive hands on experience with aforementioned technologies
- Must have extensive knowledge of high performance data center solutions, networkinfrastructureLAN/WAN, networksecurity, and enterprise wireless infrastructures
- Must have experience as a pre-sales engineer
- Pre-sales expert and will engage the sales force in pre-sales and post sales opportunities
- Expert knowledge of Cisco Routers (ISR GEN1/2), Switches (including NEXUS and Catalyst Line), Security Appliances (ASA, IPS, MARS, NAC).
- Expert knowledge of WAN Circuits, MPLS, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, RIP, FR/ATM, ACLs, TCP/IP, IPX
- Extensive experience designing, implementing, and troubleshooting VLANs using CISCO equipment, to include intimate knowledge of Spanning Tree Protocol, VLAN Trunking Protocol, inter-VLAN routing, IPV6 and trunking with ISL and 802.1q
- Strong knowledge of VPN IPSec/SSL solutions and hands-on deployment experience
- Knowledge of Load Balancing for Web systems and e-commerce uses
- In-depth knowledge of Cisco IOS, NXOS, ASA and other technical configurations
- Experience with monitoring, alerting and management tools such as: Ethereal, Solarwinds, Orion Network Monitor, hp OpenView
- Knowledge of Cisco's IP Telephony and wireless product line. Specifically how to provision networks for deployment of these technologies and how to secure them
- Hands on experience with CA deployment, Security posture assessment, and Security Policy generation is a strong plus
- Nexus experience: 7K, 5K, 2K, 1K
- Security (ASA/PCI) experience
- ISE experience
- Cisco Experience (4507s-vss, 3750s, Palo Alto, MPLS, VPLS, PSTN, LAN, and Riverbed
- Strong customer facing skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Experience with F5 a plus
- Cisco Certified Systems Engineer (CCIE) in any discipline
Less than 10%
Ability to handle multiple priorities and demands in a fast-paced environment. This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all duties, responsibilities or activities that are required of a team member for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. At any point in time, the essential functions and primary duties associated with this position will be the principal, major or most important duties, responsibilities and activities that the employee is expected to perform as determined and directed by ConvergeOne.