Under limited supervision, provide operational support to highly complex networking systems in a 24/7 environment. The selected candidate will use their technical knowledge to support, maintain & troubleshoot Charter’s National footprint. This position requires shift flexibility to support the 24x7 operations environment. The candidate will work with both internal & external partners to manage, maintain and improve the operations of the network.
This position reports to the shift manager within the Network Core Support Center.
The following duty statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and do not include other non-essential or marginal duties that may be required. The company reserves the right to modify or change the duties or essential functions of this job at any time.
- Monitor, Prioritize, respond & resolve incidents identified in ticketing queues, email & telephone calls in compliance with the departmental SLAs.
- Troubleshoot networking with an emphasis on OSI Layers 1 - 4.
- Act as a technical liaison for the department communicating in a professional & positive manner.
- Timely reporting of information related to outages and changes made to the network, with a demonstrated ability to produce clear and concise written analysis and reports.
- Act as a technical escalation point within the dept.
- 2 - 4 years equivalent work experience, certification &/or Bachelor’s Degreepreferred.
- Self-motivated, driven & thrives in operational success.
- Advanced level knowledge of Layer 1
- Advanced level knowledge of layer 2 protocols
- Advanced level knowledge of MPLS
- Advanced level knowledge of layer 3 routing protocols
- Knowledge of IP addressing schemes
- Ability to provide Tier II escalation support
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner
- Proven skill with common computer operating system & applications.
- Entry to Advanced level knowledge of routing & switching platforms.
- Ability to perform critical and analytical thinking.
- Maintain incident, problem and change ownership and accountability.
- Team player and self-starter.
- Works primarily inside throughout the year in an office-based environment.
- Will require long periods of personal computer and telephone use.
- Occasionally this job will require standing, walking, bending or stooping.