What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Job Description Summary
With moderate supervision, participates in the implementation, operation, testing, design, and maintenance of network infrastructure devices such as routers, switches, load-balancers, network monitoring and security devices and other related technologies in a virtualized enterprise environment. This position will have a role with implementation and support of the Bank's network admission control system.
Essential Job Functions
• Designs inter-network solutions, including physical and logical design, and develop network topology and architecture.
• Monitors systems to ensure service level quality and proper functionality.
• Provides leadership in the coordination of tasks associated with repairs or installations.
• Obtains information relative to problems clients are experiencing.
• Prepares reports and follow-up & evaluates results.
• Designs system configurations LAN/WAN solutions and interfaces.
• Maintains technical quality in operating environments through the monitoring and development of advanced solute
• Installs system hardware and software, ensures proper performance and stabilize systems.
• Interfaces with vendors and servicing agents to obtain equipment and services.
• Reviews system & network performance results and develops strategies.
• Evaluates techniques, develops recommendations and performs testing and certifications.
• Remains current on new technology and maintains required certifications identified by industry and equipment vendors.
.Other Job Duties
Diagnoses and provides solutions to problems clients are experiencing. Mid-tier resource for problem support.
Coordinates the tasks associated with repairs or installations.
Reviews and contributes to system and network performance results, the development of system standards, strategies, and workflows.
Ensures the compliance with documented strategies.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
• Bachelor Degree or equivalent combination of education, certifications and experience
• Cisco route/switch certification desired
• Three or more years of directly related experience in the Network Security field.
Field of Experience
• Intermediate level skills in many of the following:
- Check Point firewall policy administration
- Check Point system administration including VSX firewall clusters
- BlueCoat Web Proxy policy and system administration
- TCP/IP protocol knowledge
- Windows and Linux OS
- Cisco routing and switching
- Troubleshooting system and application problems in a multi-protocol network
- Cybersecurity practices and operations
• Technical expertise in the implementation, operation and design of multi-vendor and multi-protocol environments found in a leading edge data center.
• Intermediate analytical, research, planning, organizational, presentation, and written/verbal communication skills.
• PC proficiencies including Microsoft Office
• Background and knowledge of the Banking regulatory environment
• Exhibit good interpersonal skills working in team environment
• Effective verbal and written communication skills