JOB SUMMARY: The Network Engineer II assists in the design, planning, development, implementation, maintenance, support, and securing of all network infrastructure technologies. Provides support and maintenance of network technologies as required to improve the customers' ability to leverage technology to support operations. Assists management with complex projects and assumes ongoing support of system infrastructure.
· Works with other Engineers and Architects to oversee the design and implementation of wireless data technologies for the overall Avera enterprise.
· Works with the Network Architects to specify network system topology and design architecture, including standards and documentation development and enforcement.
· Utilizes software and hardware tools to identify, diagnose, and correct problems affecting all enterprise network infrastructure technologies.
· Interacts with vendors and other Avera sites to coordinate the installation, configuration, and use of multi-site systems.
REQUIRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor's degree in related area is preferred.
· Two years related experience and/or training is preferred.
· Experience in appropriate network technologies such as TCP/IP, Ethemet, routing protocols, switching, Wi-Fi (wireless), and name resolution protocols is preferred.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATION, LICENSURE, and/or REGISTRATIONS:
· CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate), CCNP (Cisco Certified Network Professional), A+ certification preferred.
· This position requires a valid driver's license and that the employee is insurable by the Avera Health automobile liability insurance carrier.