Aqua America, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Equal employment opportunity is provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to the following legally protected characteristics: race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions, including medical conditions related to lactation), physical or mental disability, covered-veteran status, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal law.
The primary focus of the duties of the Sr. Network Engineer is to design, implement, troubleshoot, analyze and maintain the corporate network and associated infrastructure including: WAN/LAN network design/administration, virtualization, enterprise wireless, cloud architecture/design, SAN, network load balancers, disaster recovery, capacity planning and performance tuning. The Sr Network Engineer also identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems and provides positive leadership within the IS organization. Technologies supported include Cisco (ISE/PRIME/Switches/Routers), Palo Alto, Nexus, Avaya, Netmotion and F5.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Lead and collaborate with IT engineers to design and build technology solutions and architecture to support Aqua’s technical and business project portfolio. This includes determining appropriate technical and functional requirements for technology solutions.
- Provide technical design, build, and support for Aqua’s expanding network and cloud architecture. This includes ensuring appropriate network performance, capacity, resiliency and redundancy for all cloud based platforms – SaaS, PaaS and IaaS.
- Serve as escalation on operational issues and Aqua subject matter expert for the following: Ethernet switching, enterprise wireless, WAN/LAN, QoS,layer BGP, OSPF, FHRP’s, SAN networking (NPIV, zoning, etc.), VRF-Lite, VDC, fabric-path, enterprise wireless – 802.11g/n/ac VLANs, port trunking, EtherChannel, IPSEC and SSL.
- Participate, or as required, lead all phases of project life cycle for corporate initiatives - design, build and operate, ensuring network technology standards and baselines are in place, security practices are followed and documentation for operational hand over is created.
- Provide system administration to insure the appropriate installation, support and maintenance of the corporate network and associated hardware, software and applications.
- Serve as subject matter expert on key network technology trends in the industry leading to innovative solutions for business problems and initiatives.
- Conduct technical research, perform vendor comparisons, and analyze cost requirements for recommendations.
- Develop and maintain an actionable 5 year road map for network technology refresh.
- Ensure timely resolution of incident management events and request fulfillment in accordance with defined Service Desk policies and procedures.
- Provide scheduled and ad hoc network performance reports to management.
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation as it relates to network and data center operations topology.
- Lead network team in disaster recovery planning, testing and execution of the disaster plan by way of annual testing and when warranted in a real time/life situations.
- Follow security design and operations best practices to ensure the corporate network and entire infrastructure is operated and maintained in a secure environment.
- Facilitate the implementation of appropriate change management procedures following formal and informal processes when implementing production system changes.
- Participate in the `on-call manager' 24 hour-a-day, 7 day-a-week program to support computer operations and customers during non-business hours.
- Perform other duties as assigned #LI-SB1
- Deep understanding of the following: BGP, OSPF, FHRP’s, SAN networking (NPIV, zoning, etc.), QoS, Network design and standards, VRF-Lite, VDC, Fabric-Path, Enterprise wireless – 802.11g/n/ac
- Proficient in Layer 2 Technologies VLANs, Port Trunking, EtherChannel
- Proficient in VPN technologies utilizing IPSEC and SSL
SPECIAL EDUCATIONAL OR REGISTRATION QUALIFICATIONS:
- A 4-year degree in Information Technology / Computer Science field
- Cisco professional level certs (CCDP/CCNP) are acceptable but expert level (CCDE/CCIE) preferred