HCR ManorCare provides a range of services, including skilled nursing care, assisted living, post-acute medical and rehabilitation care, hospice care, home health care and rehabilitation therapy.
The Network Engineer I provides technical support, assists in the design, deployment, and maintenance of all enterprise systems. May lead small to medium sized projects independently. Tests and evaluates technical infrastructure to eliminate problems and make improvements. Creates installation and support documentation as needed. Has an intermediate to advanced level of knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the networking field. Relies on basic experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Provides direct support coverage for all enterprise network attached systems and physical networkinfrastructure including hardware, software, network tools & applications, back office, custom and third party business applications. Works with other groups in the IS Department to support projects and day-to-day operations as defined by supervisor. Continuously works to improve personal, technical, and business skills in order to provide the best service possible. On a rotational basis, provides 24 x 7 support coverage.
- Experience with Cisco IOS, IoS Xe NXOS, WLAN Management platforms, MSE, and Merak
- Experience configuring and maintaining routers and switches
- Experience with configuring and interpreting monitoring & analysis tools
- Experience with TACACS & Radius (AAA)
- Experience with configuring and maintaining firewalls, and IPS/IDS platforms
- Experience with Web Content Filtering and Data Protection solutions
- Experience with Cisco UCS, distributed virtual switches, routers, and firewalls
- Familiar with Palo Alto Firewalls and VPN
- Familiar with HIPAA, PCI, SOX, and Hi-Tech compliance
- Familiar with VoIP Technologies – (Cisco CUCM, SRST, and CME)
- Familiar with Collaboration Technologies – (VoIP, WebEx, Jabber, etc.)
- Familiar with SAN/NAS technologies (Fiber Channel, iSCSI)
- Familiar with Virtual Server Technologies (VMware)
- Familiar with Mobile Device Management (MDM)
In return for your expertise, you’ll enjoy excellent training, industry-leading benefits and unlimited opportunities to learn and grow. Be a part of the team leading the nation in healthcare.
Associates degreepreferred, with three years of professional experiencerequired; Equivalent experience and professional certifications considered in lieu of degree.
Individual must possess and be able to demonstrate a sound working knowledge of configuring and supporting branch networking devices leveraging the following common protocols: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VPNs (IPSEC & DMVPN/GRE), VLANs, ACLs, BGP (Int & Ext), OSPF, EIGRP, QoS, HSRP, MPLS (TDM & Ethernet hand-offs), and Hybrid WANtechnologies. Layer 2 & Layer 3 switching.
Job Specific Details: In house position. No remote option available.