Work location: Lemoore, CA
This position’s primary role will be an NGEN TRMP Mid-Level NetworkTechnician servicing a large scale Enterprise network. You will be part of a Team of NetworkTechnicians and Engineers focused on the technology refresh of a large scale Enterprise Network. This network includes Cisco, Aruba, Brocade, Juniper, Riverbed and McAfee network devices to include Routers, Switches, Access Points, Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), Virtual Private Networks (VPN) and WANAccelerators.
- As a Mid-Level Technician you will be expected to work with the on-site customers, NOC technicians and Managers to execute Network Device replacements within a region.
- You will be responsible for the entire process including ticket creation using HPE Service Manager, executing the network device replacement and asset management of the new and old network devices.
- Candidates will be expected to understand, implement, and follow processes in accordance with current policies and procedures.
- You may also be asked to perform additional field services tasks as directed.
The successful candidate will be a detail-oriented technical professional, customer service oriented and knowledgeable in the areas of Ethernet and TCP/IP with 4 plus years’ experience as a NetworkTechnician.
Position requires a high level of project coordination skills to manage the execution of maintenance activities and network outages.
- Fundamental understanding of the OSI Model is required.
- Experience must include operational support, and configuration of network devices such as servers, routers, switches, associated software tools, and cabling in a large LAN/MAN/BAN/WAN environment.
- Knowledge of network protocols such as OSPF, BGP, and EIGRP is a plus. Knowledge and experience working with wireless technologies, Virtual Private Networks (VPN), Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), and WANAccelerators and associated technologies is highly desirable.
- You will be part of a team of NetworkTechnicians and Engineers.
- Travel will be required.
- The ideal candidate will have a passion for excellence and continual improvement, combined with an entrepreneurial spirit, strong written and oral communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, innovative thinking in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Strong customer service and communication is necessary to ensure customer satisfaction and network reliability.
- Good problem-solving and troubleshooting skills related to servers and network devices are a plus.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs is required.
- background in the Information Technology field or a related technology field is highly desirable.
- Other evidence of intellectual, technical, business accomplishments, and related technology leadership experiences will be considered.
- Cisco CCNA and Security+ required. ITIL foundation V3 certification is highly desirable.
Required Clearance: Active DoD Secret
Requisition ID 1768349