Provide surveillance/maintenance support for clients global layer 0, 1 and 2 networks. Vendors and technology may include Coriant, Alcatel-Lucent, Ericsson, Ciena/Nortel and Fujitsu, Infirnera, ANDA, and Overture. Includes network technologies; SONET, Ethernet, DWDM, Ultra Long Haul, Mesh, VSAT and Digital Cross-Connect using U.S. and ITU standards.
This function is carried out through alarm monitoring, outage notification and event management, ticket processing, network and equipment maintenance scheduling and technical assistance to Field Operations personnel on the repair of all global network platforms.
The function is also responsible for monitoring the implementation of transport network change control activities and performs pre/post technology checks, scripting, problem solving and analytical analysis.
Applicants must be willing to work rotating 7x24 hour shifts. Provide technical and/or analytical support to one or more departments or working units with limited supervision; aid in the successful completion of projects within a product or functional area; typically reports to Supervisor or on occasion a Manager. Performs a variety of activities (may be technical or administrative in nature) in support of the functional processes, programs and/or services.
• A bachelor's degree in Telecommunications, Computer Science, DevOps/Analytics or other telecom related discipline or 3 or more years of equivalent experience
• Strong interpersonal, writing and problem solving skills
• Experience working in a 24x7 Network Management Center including working in a shift and team environment
• In collaborative environment, must have the ability to provide timely and accurate network information to both management and other organizations during network events and major, critical and catastrophic events
• The ability to work under stressful, fast paced conditions while multitasking and solving problems as a team or individually