GDIT has an opening for a Network Engineer to support the Vanguard 2.2.1 program. The Vanguard 2.2.1 program provides transparent, interconnected systems and security support for the Department of State (DOS) Bureau of Information Resource Management (IRM) program. This IRM program supports the DOS to successfully carry out its U.S. foreign policy mission by providing enterprise architecture design, engineering operations and maintenance support services for desktop computers, servers, networks, firewalls, and enterprise applications.
This Network Engineer position is in the Network Service Center (NSC) of IRM's Global Telecommunications Services (GTS) Division which is a 24 x 7 operational environment responsible for monitoring, managing and maintaining core enterprise network devices and core system components.
Description of Duties:
- Responsible for installing, monitoring, operating, managing, troubleshooting and restoring service to communications networks in a large telecommunications facility environment (includes data/voice communications equipment, multiplexers, data terminal equipment, commercial leases and transmission media).
- Responsible for performing pro-active monitoring of network elements alarms and alerts to identify those components/elements that may lead to or already are causing network degradation or failure.
- Shift work is required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3 or more years of experience in the telecommunications environment utilizing data/voice communications equipment, multiplexers, data terminal equipment, commercial leases, transmission media, and network monitoring.
- Routers - CISCO and Juniper Switches
- PBX, CISCO, Juniper and Marconi Multiplexers
- Promina, IDNX and Test equipment - FIREBIRD 6000, 4000 and T-BERD, Digital Lightwave, NetTest
- Crypto: Taclane, Fast Lane, KG-194, KG-235, KG-94