FMC Corporation is a leading speciality company focused on agricultural and lithium technologies. We are proud that our products help grow that world's food, improve health and contribute to a more sustainable energy supply.
FMC is a globally diverse organization that offers its employees exciting opportunities to work on challenging projects that are important to the achievement of our strategic objectives. Your education and professional experience are valued and put to use from day one. Your success at completing key initiatives can result in a varied, progressive and fulfilling career with FMC.
With a corporate culture of innovation, integrity, responsibility and customer intimacy, we foster “The Right Chemistry” in everything we do. We are looking for people to join us in creating, developing, and improving our products, our processes, and our markets. In short, If you are ready to make a difference every day, FMC is ready to talk to you.
This person reports to the Voice and Data Architect/Manger and will be responsible for the design, implementation and management of corporate networkinfrastructure services. This individual will be relied upon to ensure the availability of key infrastructure services, and will alert management to conditions that may affect the integrity of those systems. This individual will provide a key escalation point for network, IP telephony, as well as security related issues.
The person in this position will work directly with IT groups, vendors and customers on projects/issues to effectively incorporate cost effective and efficient technology solutions into the existing landscape. This individual will evaluate, test, and assist in the selection of network, telephony, software and management solutions that promote the performance and reliability of business applications and processes.
The individual selected, will work closely within the group to implement a full range of capabilities and competencies, including:
- Cost effective network, telephony design and implementation services.
- Convergence strategies to integrate voice, video and data.
- Integration of security services across all network and telephony functions.
- Standard methodologies and processes to minimize the impact of change within the environment.
- Operational standards of excellence and customer focused service capabilities.
- Provide technical support and 2nd level services in the areas of network and telephony infrastructure to IT staff both local and globally.
- Perform network and telephony hardware failure diagnosis and manage field service for resolution.
- Evaluate network and telephony hardware/software for standards-based implementation at FMC sites worldwide.
- Manage full end-to-end, client to server communication reliability and performance.
- Perform network and telephony device software problem diagnosis and implement bug fixes/workarounds.
- Select, configure and install network hardware, options and software.
- Develop and maintain standard procedures for installation and maintenance of network and telephony systems software.
- Develop, implement and test, network recovery mechanisms.
- Install, configure and maintain networkinfrastructure services WAN Optimization devices, LAN/WAN optimization/management tools.
- Install, configure and maintain network management systems such as HP Open View, Riverbed SteelCentral, HP iMC, Cisco WCS.
- Install, configure and maintain network devices such as firewalls, routers, Layer 2/3switches, wireless controllers and access points.
- Solid understanding of network protocols, standards, and technology such as IP address management, dynamic routing protocols, OSPF, BGP, IP, TCP, UDP, Spanning Tree, QOS and VPNs
- Conceptual knowledge of emerging network, telephony and server optimization and management technologies.
- Develop project plans, capital spending authorization requests and manage projects for implementation of new network, telephony and software technologies on both local and global levels.
- Work with the server and network management team leads to coordinate the priorities and efforts of the server and network systems staff to complete assignments and projects.
- Undergraduatedegree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent combination of formal technical education and relevant work experience.
- Strong knowledge and experience with HPE Networking, Microsoft, Cisco, Riverbed and UCaaS technologies focused on large scale enterprise deployments.
- Strong knowledge and experience with enterprise class LAN and WAN devices such as firewalls, switches, and routers.
- Strong background in networking. Must have working experience with some, or all of the following protocols: BGP, OSPF, 802.1Q, STP, Ethernet, IP, TCP, UDP, and SNMP.
- Functional knowledge in Software Defined Networking as well as VNF (Virtual Network Function).
- Functional knowledge in SD-WAN technologies and management.
- Functional knowledge in Riverbed WANacceleration technologies.
- Knowledge of WAN and LAN concepts, networksecurity, network optimization, performance monitoring, system resiliency, server backup and recovery, workstation connectivity, and Internet connectivity.
- Technical ability and knowledge to quickly integrate, implement and document new technologies while supporting and maintaining the existing core infrastructure.
- Work effectively within a cross functional team environment to deliver project tasks and assignments on time and on budget.
- Strong written and oral communication abilities.
- Experience with solutions for monitoring network and telephony performance, reliability and stability.
- Work experience with enterprise LAN/WAN technology.
- The ability to identify opportunities for improvements and sponsors projects to management.
- Experience developing and manages significant project tasks according to corporate IT standard methodology.
- Demonstrated ability to make independent judgments with review from management.
- Experience with Polycom Video Conferencing and Creatron a plus.
- Experience with VMware a plus
- Action Oriented
- Functional/ Technical Skills
- Drive for Results
- Time Management
- Customer Focu
- Learning on the Fly
- Problem Solving
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Pirority Setting