OVERVIEW OF POSITION:
Responsible for the implementation, support, maintenance and management of Healthcare Partners’ (HCP) various site LAN/WAN using Cisco equipment and other vendor network equipment and software. Provides analysis, documentation, configuration, testing and implementation of networking solutions that interface with local and wide area networks. Assists in the design of LANs and WANs using various topologies.
- Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that demonstrate HealthCare Partners’ (HCP) commitment to superior customer service, including quality, care and concern with each and every internal and external customer.
- Configures and supports network optimization, html caching and application acceleration technology such as Citrix Netscaler and River Steelheads.
- Monitors Cisco network to maximize its performance and troubleshoots network problems and outages, schedules upgrades and collaborates with Cisco network architects on network optimization.
- Secures Cisco network system by establishing and enforcing policies, an defining and monitoring access.
- Provides proactive monitoring of HCP WAN/LAN using network management software configuration and troubleshooting (HP Open View and Cisco Works, what’s Up, Fluke’s OptiView).
- Maintains internet systems including technical support for websites, FTP servers and all network and security considerations.
- Configures, implements and troubleshoots VPNs (Microsoft and Cisco VPN + IPSEC, etc.).
- Identifies and resolves network issues using tools such as Solar Winds, Ethereal, Fluke.
- Identifies and deploys upgrades to network devices including but not limited to IOS, circuits, (T1s, DS3, OC3, OC12), multi-link frame relay, ATM IMA and MPLS. Updates routers, switches, firewalls, etc.
- Supports QOS on LAN and WAN equipment in a VoIP environment.
- Develops disaster recovery procedures including but not limited to developing and maintaining backups and documentation for configuration, hardware device recovery and asset inventory.
- Creates and updates Visio network topology diagrams of all HCP sites and of WANinfrastructure and data flows.
- Provides 24/7 support on a rotating basis as needed.
- Uses, protects, and discloses HCP patients’ protected health information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college and/or a professional certification requiring formal education beyond a two-year college.
- Degree in Computer Science or other similar technical degree.
- Master’s degreepreferred.
- CCNA, CCNP or MCSE certification preferred.
- Over 5 years and up to and including 7 years of experience.
- Strong working experience with routers: Cisco 72xx, 38xx, 37xx, 36xx.
- Strong working experience with switches: Cisco Catalyst 65xx, 45xx, 37xx, 35xx, Series switches.
- IP, DHCP, DNS administration experience.
- IDS/IPS, firewall, DMZ, VPN, TACACS+ experience.
- Over 8years of overall work experience.
- Over 3 years experience working in the health care industry.