Engility delivers innovative solutions to critical challenges facing the nation and the world. As a premier provider of integrated services for the U.S. government, we support the Department of Defense, intelligence community, space communities, federal civilian agencies and international customers. Engility is dedicated to making lives better, safer and more secure.
Engility is currently hiring a Network Engineer to support our program in Chantilly, Virginia.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Coordinate with othernetworkengineering support staff, commercial communication vendors, testing and operations personnel to ensure all customer requirements are met.
- Ensure all engineered installation designs meet the guidelines of “best practices,” security requirements and the intent of the requirement
- Participate in customer planning, technical exchange and coordination meetings, as well as monthly customer status meetings
- Conduct site surveys, develop site designs, and develop router/switch scripts based on customer’s request for changes.
- Provide cost estimates and equipment design packages in compliance with customer network standards supporting Customer Edge IP devices
- Participate in and provide site specific information for the project readiness review cycle, develop and conduct design reviews, and provide implementation coordination with affected O&M sites
- Have interface design responsibility for requirements from the customer wide area network to the local site interface
- Must possess an active TS/SCI clearance with ability to successfully obtain a polygraph
- 9 years industry experience with a Bachelor's degree or high school/associates degree with equivalent work experience in information technology field.
- Experience with IP and Serial networks, Network Hardware (Routers, LAN (L2) switches, cryptographic equipment, etc., and Cable/Transport technologies (fiber, copper, etc.)
- Experience with OSPF, EIGRP, BGP Network Timing Systems, Ethernet, TCP/IP, and WANtechnology
- At least one current network industry certification, preferably Cisco CCNA, Brocade BCNE/BCP, or Juniper JNCIP.
- Familiar with and able to work within an environment using industry standard Systems Engineering principles.
- Solid working knowledge of Layer 2 and Layer 3 technologies, routing protocols to include OSPF, BGP and IP/MPLS.
- Prior experience with network hardware to include; routers, switches, optical multiplexers, cryptographic devices, and timing systems.
- Prior experience with telecommunications transport technologies.
- Prior experience with copper and fiber infrastructuretechnologies.
- Candidate must be highly self-motivated and able to work independently, under only general supervision, or successfully within a small team of network engineers, have exemplary organizational and communication skills, and be able to manage a number of projects at one time.
- Degree in ElectricalEngineering, Computer Science, or related field is highly recommended but not mandatory
- Network industry certifications are a plus
- Working knowledge of the customer's greater organizational environment, mission, and terrestrialnetwork communications infrastructure and configuration management/requirements process.
- Familiar with and able to work within an environment using standard Systems Engineering principles.