JOB SUMMARY: The eCARE Network Engineer assists in the implementation, maintenance, support, and securing of all network and video infrastructure technologies. Provides support and maintenance of network technologies on as required to improve customers' ability to leverage technology to support clinical operations. Assists management with complex projects and assumes ongoing support of system infrastructure.
REQUIRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· Associates degree required.
· Six months related experience and/or training preferred.
· Hands on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytical tools
· Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws
REQUIRED CERTIFICATION, LICENSURE, and/or REGISTRATIONS:
·This position requires a valid driver's license and that the employee is insurable by the Avera Health automobile liability insurance carrier.
· Utilizes software and hardware tools to identify, diagnose, and correct problems affecting systems performance involving video, voice, data, and wireless network systems.
· Interacts with end-users to obtain clarification of problems and provide resolution for system failures or degradations.
· Performs routine network performance monitoring and ensure system availability and reliability.
· Assist the Sr. Engineers and Infrastructure Architect in the implementation and support of all video network infrastructures, configuring and installing various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, VPN, QOS, SD-WAN, UPS, Satellite communication, Cellular communications and other related systems.
· Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval, documentation, and success of changes made to the network infrastructure
· Maintains logs and device inventories, as well as appropriate documentation including application notes, drawings, and configuration information.
· Participates in meetings concerning the evaluation and recommendation of network infrastructure designs and components.
· Ensures the highest level of security for data at rest, data in motion, and data being processed in compliance with state and federal regulations, healthcare industry standards, IT industry standards, and Avera eCARE policies concerning security and data integrity.
· Participates in the analysis, collection and maintenance of records as needed by Quality Assurance/Compliance personnel, JCAHO accreditation, SOC 2 compliance and OSHA guidelines or as may be required by law.
· Fluent understanding of networking protocols (e.g., IPSEC, HSRP,BGP,OSPF, 802.11x, QoS)
Join our team and be a part of the world's most extensive network of telemedicine services, located in Sioux Falls, SD!