Network / Infrastructure Systems Engineer - Information Systems
Location: Livonia, Michigan (Metro Detroit / Ann Arbor)
The Network Engineer is responsible for the design, implementation, management and support of the enterprise network and telecommunications infrastructure for client company International. This includes, but is not limited to: LANs, WANs, Wireless Networks, servers, personal computers, and voice systems across the enterprise. Also responsible for on-going standards compliance within information systems.
- Oversees the day-to-day operation of the network infrastructure including hardware/software support and projects
- NetworkLAN/WAN infrastructure design, implementation, and support including switches, routers and associated carrier services (MPLS, etc.)
- Internet services and security design and administration, including DNS, domain registration, SSL certificates, VPN, firewalls, Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) and Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS)
- Design, implementation, and administration of server hardware, operating systems, and applications including physical servers, virtualization infrastructure (VMware), and storage subsystems (iSCSI, SAN, NAS, etc.)
- Directory services administration and support (Microsoft Active Directory, group policy administration)
- E-mail and collaboration systems administration and support ( Microsoft Office 365, Exchange, Skype for Business)
- System backups and archive administration (CommVault, cloud-based storage)
- Disaster recovery infrastructure and operations including data restoration and service redundancy
- Deployment of server and client operating systems, patches, software and/or hardware
- Network maintenance operations including anti-virus, disk management, and systems monitoring
- Voice system administration and support (Cisco Unified Call Manager, Microsoft Exchange Unified Messaging)
- Mobile device management, administration, and support (smartphones, tablets, etc.)
- Assistance with 2nd and 3rd level issues escalated from the User Support group
- Shared on-call responsibilities after hours and during weekends
- Periodic travel to remote sites for implementations and support as required
- Documentation of systems infrastructure and standards
- Ensures infrastructure quality and securitycontrols compliance for ISO 20256 and SOC 2
- Identifies and initiates resolutions to user problems and concerns associated with network and computing equipment, hardware and software to the user's satisfaction by meeting or exceeding service level agreements.
- Must have a BA/BSdegree in a related field
- Minimum of 3 years of progressive Network Administration and Engineeringexperience in Information Technology or related field.
- Minimum 3years ofexperiencewith the deployment, administration and maintenance of:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012
- Microsoft Exchange 2010/2013/Office365
- VMware ESXi infrastructure
- Windows 7/8/10 clients
- Server and workstation hardware
- Minimum of 1year directexperiencewith the infrastructure management of:
- Cisco network infrastructure (switches and routers)
- Cisco security infrastructure (ASA firewalls, IPS)
- Telecommunications services (T1s, MPLS service, ISP services, voice services, etc.)
- Knowledge of local and wide area networks (LAN/WAN), Internet services and security, e-mail and collaboration systems, telecommunications and data communications, standard client and server operating systems, software applications and utilities.
- Solid working knowledge of Information Technology systems and structure.
- Project management, including the ability to coordinate internal resources and external vendors.
- Able to build relationships with clients throughout all levels of the organization
- Must be proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- IT certification (s) related to infrastructure systems (Microsoft MCSE , VMware VCP, Cisco CCNA , etc.) is desirable, but extensive experience will also be considered.
- Experiencewith the following is also desirable:
- Disaster recovery routines, including system replication and restoration
- Cloud-based services and platforms (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS)
- Systems and environment monitoring and alerting
- Backup systems management, hardware, software and data recovery
- Voice systems administration and support (VoIP, SIP, QoS)