At MetLife, we seek to make a meaningful impact in the lives of our customers and our communities. The Global Technology & Operations group (GTO) is a diverse team of engineers, developers, business analysts, and project managers with the freedom to create innovative solutions to address core business challenges within MetLife. This group is responsible for large scale enterprise support of all network related hardware and software products. The candidate should have broad knowledge of enterprise class technologies including but not limited to DNS, Load Balancing, Cryptography, Routing, Switching, and troubleshooting application performance issues as it relates to the network.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of DNS, DHCP, and IPAM in an enterprise setting from an engineering and operational perspective.
- Work with various teams to resolve highly complex issues.
- Able to identify and explain various technology solutions to our AD and business partners. Assist with selecting optimal solutions to meet requirements.
- Support and lead various DDI projects that include but are not limited to systems consolidation, process improvement, data integration, and security and vulnerability management.
- Strong understanding of data center network technologies including the Cisco Nexus platform.
- First shift – change windows (dependent). On call rotation, once every 10-12 weeks
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- 5+ years of related network experience with 2+ in data center experience
- 5+ years of experience with DDI/DNS enterprise platforms (Infoblox, BlueCat, etc.)
- 2+ years of light Linux/Windows server administration experience
- Strong in troubleshooting network related performance issues and implementing solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field
- Cisco CCNA or CCNP Certification a plus
- Skills / knowledge of Infoblox DDI platform
- Experience/knowledge with troubleshooting complex DDI and network isues using Wireshark, and other approved diagnostic tools
- Hands-on experience deploying and supporting Anycast DNS within an enterprise environment
- Background managing F5 Networks BIG-IP DNS (GTM) GSLB or related GSLB technologies
- Experience with managing Load Balancing platforms (NetScaler, F5, A10, etc.) and understanding the concepts