Position: Network Engineer
Location(s): NYC Metro
We seek a talented Network Engineer to join our fast growing North East team in providing network architecture and security support to clients.
In this position, you will:
- Evaluate, develop and maintain data networking and telecommunications systems (hardware and software) for a Dataprise clients in the New York City metro area.
- Develop design standards and best practices to enhance overall system performance.
- Plan and conduct installations, transitions, conversions and cutovers of network components and capabilities.
- Deploy and support network security solutions (Firewalls, IPS/IDS, VPN) to protect network perimeter and provide secure access to internal resources.
- Analyze network characteristics (e.g., traffic, connect time, transmission speeds, packet sizes, and throughput), troubleshoot problems and recommend procurement, removals, and modifications to network components.
- Troubleshoot connectivity and other networking problems.
- Coordinate requirements with users and suppliers.
- Conduct network and security assessments to troubleshoot and optimize network performance and design.
To be an ideal candidate, you have:
- Several years of experience supporting Cisco Networking, Wireless and Security solutions.
- Set up Cisco IOS Switches and Routers, ASA Firewalls, Cisco Wireless Controllers and WAPs.
- A solid understanding of Voice networks and Cisco UCM (Call Manager).
- A working knowledge of the architecture of Cisco Unified Communications.
- Demonstrated experience with complex multi-site network troubleshooting, multilayered switch environments, VPN technologies, and implementing network monitoring.
- A deep understanding of TCP/IP concepts, IPSEC, Switching and Routing Protocols.
- Experience with third party network analyzers and management tools.
- Proven implementation and understanding of current WAN topologies.
- Experience troubleshooting connectivity and latency issues traffic over MPLS and T1 circuits.
- Experience with Microsoft DNS/DHCP Server administration.
- The following technical certifications:
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP Routing & Switching/Security)
- Cisco Certified Design Associate (CCDA)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA Voice)
- The ability to prioritize and work well under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills and a professional demeanor.
- The ability to work well in a team or individually.
- A willingness to work some on-call/after-hours work.
Dataprise is an Equal Opportunity Employer.