The Network Engineer will be responsible for the administration and management of the Enterprise LAN and WANnetwork.
The Network Engineer will be added to an existing IT team (local and remote). The primary responsibilities for this position include:
- Resolution of network related help desk requests
- Multi-site LAN/WANnetwork administration
- VoIP network design and implementation
- Network hardware installation and maintenance.
The secondary responsibilities will involve support of the help desk team as needed.
- Process, monitor and prioritize Enterprise network support tickets
- Troubleshoot and resolve Enterprise network systems issues
- Enterprise network hardware and OS patch management, maintenance and updates
- Administration of multi-site LAN/WAN environment. This includes multi-site VPN connectivity, routing and remote access
- Routine Enterprise LAN/WAN environment audit and monitoring. Proactive vulnerability testing and general administration of firewall and security policies/configurations to mitigate and preventsecurityrisks
- Proactive review and maintenance of Enterprise network operations to ensure operational security and efficiency
- Network operations performance tuning
- Enterprise LAN/WAN traffic review to confirm enforcement of security and network policies
- Enterprise IT wireless network administration and maintenance. NPS policies and configuration
- Network outage resolution, provide critical support after hours when needed
- Administration and support of multi-site VoIP networks
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve basic VoIP issues
- Review network traffic, statistics and interfaces to identify and resolve problems affecting VoIP communications
- Maintain Enterprise IT network documentation including configurations, technologies, inventories, policies, procedures and other items as needed
- Data room hardware monitoring and maintenance
- Serve as a backup for Enterprise IT help desk, server support operations. (Windows 7-10, Microsoft Server 2008-2012, Microsoft Office suites 2010 - 2016, Microsoft Active Directory account management).
The ideal candidate has a background in network design, administration and monitoring; as well as supplemental experience as a technical backup for the help desk team.
- 5+ years’ experience as a network administrator or engineer
- Cisco certification required, Microsoft certification a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work independently as well as a team player
- Proven ability to be self-motivated, multitask and work proactively
- Must have experience in mission critical environments and be available for afterhours/weekend support to resolve network outages if needed
- Experience and proficient skills with Cisco routing and switch technologies, concepts (layer 2 & layer 3)
- Experience in LAN, WAN design and implementations
- Experience with a variety of Cisco network equipment (switches, ASA series security devices, Meraki wi-fi access points)
- Experience with VoIP network management. Includes QoS, traffic shaping, etc.
Excellent understanding of the following
- LAN/WAN connectivity and protocols
- Multi-site VPN configuration and security
- OSI layers 1-4, VLAN configurations and related equipment
- LAN/WAN traffic analyzation tools (ex. Wireshark, etc)
- Data room hardware and infrastructure support and operations
- Ability to provide basic help desk support
Tracking Code 20315