$100K - $150K(Ladders Estimates)
Responsible for planning and designing new software and web applications. Analyzes, tests, and assists with the integration of new applications. Documents all development activity. Assists with
training non-technical personnel. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline. Usually determines own work priorities. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our
- Collaborates with project stakeholders to identify product and technical requirements. Conducts analysis to determine integration needs.
- Designs new software and web applications, supports applications under development, and customizes current applications. Assists with the software update process for existing applications, and roll-outs of software releases.
- Participates in training representatives and operations staff on internally developed software applications.
- Researches, writes and edits documentation and technical requirements, including software designs, evaluation plans, test results, technical manuals and formal recommendations and reports.
- Monitors and evaluates competitive applications and products. Reviews literature, patents and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
- Provides technical leadership throughout the design process and guidance with regards to practices, procedures and techniques. Serves as a guide and mentor for junior-level Software Development Engineers.
- Works with Quality Assurance team to determine if applications fit specification and technical requirements.
- Displays in-depth knowledge of engineering methodologies, concepts, skills, and their application in the area of specified engineering specialty.
- Displays in-depth knowledge of, and ability to apply, process design and redesign skills. Presents and defends architectural, design, and technical choices to internal audiences.
- Displays knowledge of, and ability to apply, project management skills.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Generally requires 5-8 years related experience
Basic Qualifications (Required)
-Self-motivated, and always looking for a challenge
-Able to work alone and switch gears for collaboration as needed
-Good communication skills, ability to convey ideas clearly is required
-Enjoys working in a fast paced environment
-CCNA or equivalent
-Masters Degree in ECE/EE/CE plus one year of experience or Bachelors Degree in ECE Engineering plus four years of experience as a Network Engineer.
-Experience with switching / routing with common network vendors (Cisco, Juniper, etc)
-Experience working with monitoring frameworks (Solarwinds,Nagios, etc)
-Working knowledge with common routing protocols (OSPF, BGP, etc)
-Working knowledge of switching protocols (STP, VTP, etc)
-Experience building and maintaining IPSEC VPNs
-Experience maintaining networking gear in a datacenter environment, working knowledge with SFPs, transport cards, switch linecards, sups/RMs/SRMs, etc
-Experience working within a ticketing system
Preferred Qualifications (Optional, but preferred)
-Experience with Arista and Mikrotik
-Experience with at least one firewall vendor, preferably Fortinet
-Experience maintaining Cisco Aironet frameworks
-Experience with Cumulus
-Cloud networking experience, specifically with AWS
Valid Through: 2019-11-12