Job Title: Network Engineer
Job Location: 1980 West Broad Street, Columbus, OH 43215
Duration: 12+ Months
ALPS Project: The candidate will be supporting The Ohio Department ofTransportation’s Network Team.
This position will be assisting ODOT to provide a network assessment with specific responsibilities that include:
• Install, configure, and manage server hosted network attached storage (NAS) and storage area network (SAN) disk storage technologies tied to networkinfrastructure.
• Install complex computer networks and related computing environments including computer hardware, systems software, applications software, and all configurations.
• Design, install, configure, monitor, and troubleshoot network equipment such as, but not limited to, Hubs, Network Interface Cards (NIC), Local Area Network (LAN) cards, hard drives, Ethernetswitches, routers, wireless bridges, monitoring devices, access points, firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and content devices.
• Test computer hardware, networking software and operating system software in preparation of new installation or upgrade.
• Work with vendors to resolve problems.
• Execute changes to improve systems and network configurations, and determine hardware or software requirements related to such changes.
• Supervise other team members and provide training in advanced networking skills
• Function as enterprise infrastructure expert in maintaining large, disparate systems and networks.
• Confer with Network Architects or systems managers to ensure compliance of DTI standards.
• Write and produce technical documentation.
• Working knowledge of network applications, switches and servers.
• Experience in network cabling systems and fiber optic cabling.
• Strong communication/leadership skills.
• Strong influence, collaboration and negotiation experience.
• Ability to collaborate with supporting resources across business and/or functional lines.
• Have excellent oral and written skills/possess strong meeting and work session facilitation skills.
• Act as the escalation point for high priority support issues.
• Have the ability to work independently and as part of a team, the ability to manage time and resources to meet assigned deadlines.
• Have excellent organizational skills, proven analytical, planning, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
• 4year college degree or equivalent technical study or Network Certification.
• 5 plus years of relevant experience.
• VoIP and Telecommexperience.