5 - 7 years experience • IT Consulting/Services
Position Title: Network Engineer
Position Number: 261664
Location: Columbia, SC
Desired Skill Set:
CCNA, HIPAA, SDLC
U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor or consider Corp 2 Corp candidates.
Position: Network Engineer
Duration: 12 Months
Location: Columbia, SC
Position: NETWORK ENGINEER – ADV (SECURITY)
The NetworkSecurity Engineer will report to the Office of Information Assurance and operate as an experienced consultant to SCDHHS leadership, business units, business partners and vendors.
Security Program Experience:
• Experience with CMS MARS-E or other FISMA Risk Management Framework (RMF) compliant programs is strongly desired and will be given the highest weight. Experience must include well documented success in the performance of security focused processes and procedures supportive of a secure, compliant enterprise architecture.
• Experience with development and integration of RMF tasks and artifacts into the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) is ideal.
• Experience in security as related to multi-tenant, cloud services and vendor interface management would be considered desirable for this position.
Hands on experience with any or all of the following technologies would be considered a desirable for this position:
• Secure Network Design – Layer 2 Security, Firewalls, Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), Switching and Routing Infrastructure
• Network Monitoring expertise utilizing tools such as Solarwinds, Zabbix, etc.
• Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) solutions such QRadar, Splunk, etc.
• Vulnerability Assessment tools such as Nessus, ForeScout, etc.
• IBM System 390/zSeries
• Linux and Windows servers
• Identity and Access Management (IAM) solutions
General Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist (and often lead) in the design, development, implementation and/or ongoing maturation of client network security and compliance solutions
• Provide hands-on support of client Systems and Software
• Participate in audit and assessment of internal agency systems as well as business partner/service provider information systems.
• Utilize Microsoft Office software suite, eGRC system, Bizagi, Atlassian and other products to document and report on information gathered during Audit and Assessment activities or other OIA efforts.
• Participate in third-party audits and/or assessments of agency and business partner systems
• Collaborate with agency leadership, business partners and other parties/stakeholders to provide recommendations for security and compliance risk mitigation efforts.
• BS degree in computer science or similar discipline is a MUST.
• CCNA Security or equivalent (network security-centric) certification is required
• ISC(2), ISACA, SANS GIAC and/or other Information Security Certification.
• Medicaid Management Informaiton System HIPAA - The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 Yes 1 Advanced Within 1 Year 4 - 6 Years
• Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) Yes 1 Advanced Within 1 Year 4 - 6 Years
• Network Administration Yes 1 Advanced Within 1 Year 4 - 6 Years
• Network security Yes 1 Advanced Within 1 Year 4 - 6 Years
• Network Engineering experience Yes 1 Advanced Within 1 Year 4 - 6 Years
• NIST Security Yes 1 Advanced Within 1 Year 4 - 6 Years
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
• Strong working knowledge of FISMA, NIST, CMS MARS-E and HIPAA Security and Privacy.
• Deep technical knowledge of secure network design principles, security architecture, network and system compliance tools, data protection schemes and access models.
• 5+ years of hands-on experience in network design, implementation and support
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
• Prior experience in working with any eGRC systems.
• Prior Health Information Technologyexperience.
Send me a reminder to complete this application
Rose International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, arrest and conviction records, or any other characteristic protected by law. Positions located in San Francisco, California will be administered in accordance with the Fair Chance Ordinance.